AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Hi all. Front wing, tips/ advise please.

Hi All great forum.

After reading quite a bit on the forum about problems with the B6 model, i realise ive had most of them (slow wipers, water under the battery, rear wiper motor broken, rusty front wheel arch)

So ive managed to sort the first two issues. So to the wiper motor. This shouldnt be a problem as ive already had the broken one off to check for part numbers, so just need to get one ordered. Any advise on the best place to get one and a rough price would be greatly appricated?

As for the wing ive managed to get a pretty good one from a breakers yard for £50 including postage. So has anyone fitted one? and if so any advise would be greatly recieved.

Thanks in advance Olly.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I purchased my wiper motor / mechanism 2nd hand from a car being broken on ebay.
    Failing that, there is a website called partsgateway that I have used in the past with good results.

In terms of the wings, I had mine repaired before they corroded too badly - I beleve they are bolt on, so fitting shouldnt be too difficult.

2002 A4 Avant Quattro Sport 2.5 V6 TDi - 219Bhp - Votex
    BCS Automotive Turbo-Back - Remap -
    19" RS6 Reps - B6 S4 Brakes - Symphony II+
    - Weitec GT
    - 2001 Honda CBR600-FS1 -

1st Gear

Status
    cheapest place I found was Prestige Motor Services of Stockton who trade on ebay as A8Parts

2nd Gear

Status
    I got my wings from a polish seller on ebay and are fantastic quality, and for £71 for the pair delivered within 3 working days i was over the moon
    Mods done: interior: Light to dark conversion, To Do: Carbon trim, carpet to be replaced, rear window retrofit. Exterior: Resprayed in Skoda's Rallye Green, 18" RS4 reps fitted, xenons, LED sidelights/NumberPlate lights, B Pillars wrapped in carbon. To Do: Lowering 35mm all round, tints, Tuning: Yet to do exhaust/remap/ egr delete etc..

2nd Gear

Status
    Olly, mine was in a body shop having other work done and they suggested it was prob best to replace my wings instead of repairing the rust. I think it came to about £400 inc vat in total. £120 ish for each wing then some labour to fit and paint etc. All done by a very very good bodyshop so I guess that work could be achieved for less if you shop around.

Nice to think there are brand new wings on it though so I see that as money well spent. All the best.
    B6 S4 4.2L V8 Cabriolet Black Manual Quad Milltek Non Res

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replies everyone.
    Strange thing is the other three arches are mint condition, maybe it had a poor repair in the past anyway I'm going to have a go at replacing it next week as im off work.
    The wiper moter can wait till pay day.