Hard Driving!

Marko

Reaction score
This may seem an odd thread, but, since I bought my mates A4 1.9TDi sport, I have 'sometimes' driven a bit like a tool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The car is fully loaded with sport pack and leather. It's only done 19,000 miles and I would be devasted if anything happened to it. I'm often a chilled driver but the handling of this car is great and begs me too push it sometimes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Is it me or do others out there sometimes 'let loose' and have some mad/fun moments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif ? I always drive smooth when hard but I guess these cars can take it.

We would be on a Honda forum if that were the case mate!!

Enjoy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hands up here for sometimes driving like a cnut. Most usually is on roundabouts for some reason.

rarely though, and its usually followed by an earful or a clip round the ear by the passenger..

and what is it about the chemical brothers that makes you drive like a tw@t too?

there gonna be banned from the ipod soon for sure....

Hey there's nothing wrong with 'making progress' sometimes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I wouldn't have had my re-Map if I didn't give it some stick now and then............

The trick is to remember mechanical sympathy and all will be well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Just because you drive fast it doesn't mean you have to feck to car at the same time!!!

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Is it just me or is the ESP super. It lets you go into corners far to quick and sorts it all out for you... great..Pity it steals all the power on the way out of the corners

I've found that if you press and hold, the dash light goes off. It won't even toggle back on without resetting the ignition.

I've no idea what effect it has as I found out in the car park at Castle Combe....just after I'd finished off my brakes!

Any ideas.

p.s. Normally mines on all the time.

The chemical brothers is sure to make you drive like a nut. Certain tunes do make one push the accelerator.

Good point Avus. I do always make sure it's smooth and progressive. I'm paranoid about mechanical 'sympathy'. Maybe that's why I change my oil every 6 months or 7k... I'm that fussy I get paranoid about driving it hard sometimes and feel guilty when I have, thus this thread!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I've found that if you press and hold, the dash light goes off. It won't even toggle back on without resetting the ignition.

I've no idea what effect it has as I found out in the car park at Castle Combe....just after I'd finished off my brakes!

Any ideas.

p.s. Normally mines on all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting...... So you're not sure if it's on or off.............? I'd guess if the lights out then it must be ON.

I do like swtiching it off from time to time though... It's great on roundabouts - you get none of the 'cutting out' discussed above and just fire out of turns!!!

I guess Quattro does help this though..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Quattro would be an advantage. When you have ESP off and get 300 lb/ft of torgue at 1800 rpm it tends to pull your nose accross the road.....not to bad in the dry, but with greasy roads its a must.

i dont drive slowly, but then as said above otherwise ill get bored and want to sell it.