RNS-E retro fit, pics

I

imported_G4JSG

Thanks to Criagyb for his this.

The price was great, the service was great and the unit is just brilliant.

I had a standard single DIN Chorus head unit originally, Craig changed the dash cage to a double DIN, then very skillfuly re-sculptured the heater controls and the dash to fit in the RNS-E unit.

So I now have great satnav, MP3 playback off the SD cards, the use of my 6 disk glove box changer and bluetooth hands free too.

A couple of pics below but more pictures can be found at http://www.oktohost.com/RNS-E
DSC00130.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

Craig was telling me he is now attracting people from as far as Italy and I can see why, what a 1st class service.

Sorry about the low picture quality, taken with my mobile.

<font color="red"> I read in the latest issue of "Audi Driver" that the RAC trafficmaster system is now linked to the TMC for all A8 and A6 MMI units, so Craig can you see if this can be hooked up to the RNS-E install? </font>

Thanks
John

looks like a fantastic job! no wonder your pleased. would like it done myself but just not sure i could afford it at the moment

Oooooh, I was to scared to look at my car with all the bits removed and dangling about when Craig did it. Too much like watching a surgeon operate on your own kid.

is there a thread with prices on somewhere? im sure i saw one a while back

Can graig do this to a c5 A6? I only have a concert2 in at the mo and like the rns e unit.

Yeah, he can do it no problem, only having the single din is a pain though but it is possible. I have put one in mine.

I will take some pics later.

I didn't have any problems really, but I had the symphony head unit in there which makes it a case of taking it out, attacing the harness and then sliding the new one in. On the A6 you have to get the speed pulse from behind the cluster, but I had that out anyway to put the GPS antenna in.

Through this forum, just PM me with details of your car and what your thinking of having done.

Craig