Broken Headlight Harness.

palfy86

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on how to remove the main headlight wiring plug when the little tab where you push with the screwdriver has broken off.

I tried the obvious approach of just trying to pull it off (im referring to the harness btw :no:) and prise it off with a screwdriver which is just chewing the plastic up tbh.

Ive tried searching the threads and i can only find advice on how to replace the plug which is all well and good once the plug is off lol.

Thanks in advance guys and gals. :thumbsup:

Can anyone advise me on how to remove the main headlight wiring plug when the little tab where you push with the screwdriver has broken off.

I tried the obvious approach of just trying to pull it off (im referring to the harness btw :no:) and prise it off with a screwdriver which is just chewing the plastic up tbh.

Ive tried searching the threads and i can only find advice on how to replace the plug which is all well and good once the plug is off lol.

Thanks in advance guys and gals. :thumbsup:

I used a scribe to remove mine like the picture below.

Attachments

• Scribe.jpg
    Scribe.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 402
Well fortunately stuart im at the dentist on thursday so while im there ill have a look on the tray and see whats there lol. :moa:

Serious note though ill give it a try tonight and then once its off ill grind the catch down so it simply pushes on until i replace the plug.

Just an update on this. I managed to get the plug off last night and i ground down the little catch on the lap so that i wont have the same problem again. :icon_thumright: CASE CLOSED lol.