Newbie with a head light problem

mikeygulley

Reaction score
Hi There,

I am Mike and have recently acquired an '03 A4 TDI sport. It's my first Audi and will be my new daily so the pug can be stored away for weekend use. :)

The Audi was crashed a while ago but has now been repaired and nearly ready for an MOT. The only thing stopping me is the drivers side headlight!!

A pattern light was bought and I seem to have a piece of harness missing............I think!

The light has a 2 row connection on the rear and all I can find on the loom side is a 5 pin single row connector with 4 wires.

Have I a part missing OR could the right plug be tucked away/hiding from me somewhere??

I am new to Audi as said so am unsure what I should have.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mike :)

What brand light did you buy? Most copies are made by Depo and use the standard large plug.

Can you not compare it to the opposite side light?

post a pic ov the connection

So I left this in the hands of my brother who has sold me the car. After looking at pictures of the harness I may have sussed it :) I think its been ripped off in the accident. We have a Mk4 Golf loom up at the yard which looks to have the same multiplug on it. So with any luck it will be in for it's MOT tomorrow!!

If I have issues later I will get a picture up for sure.

Thanks for the replies.

Edit: and yes it is a Depo light :)

Last edited:
Ok so I found my problem with this! The harness for the headlight has been ripped off back to the bung in the foot well. The wires for the side repeater are still there but the earth has come out.

The Mk4 Golf multi plug is the same but all the wires are different colours and there is an extra wire (10 instead of 9).

I also have 3 smaller grade wires in their own sheething (red, purple & black) which I don't have a clue do??

So would anybody have this piece of harness available from a donor??

Many Thanks,

Mike :)