Coilovers going on next week

190sline

Reaction score
Hi guys fitting my coilovers to My b6 1.8t Quattro are there any other things you recommend buying before dropping it on it ****? Thanks mat.

Yeah, spray the upper pinchbolt on the upright with plusgas / penetrant spray every day beforehand.

(However - coilovers can be fitted without removing this bolt.)

If you do go down route which removes the pinch bolt, buy some new spare ones, as well as nuts and washers for them.

Apparently you're supposed to replace them anyway, and if they're anything like most people's pinch bolts they'll look like a quaver crisp when you eventually hammer them out. So having new to will save an awkward trip to the dealers after your car is in bits.

Are you doing it yourself?

Yes I know all about that bolt! Big pain in the bum I've already bought the pinch bolts and camber bolts I had some apex springs from Gnj put on a few month back so I'm hoping the pinch bolts haven't seized up. Any other bolts to get before hand? Is it worth uprating any bushes to polyurethane? I won't be doing the work as I really don't have patience lol my good seat mechanic buddy will be doing these for me any tips will be helpful.