RNS-d directions DIS

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Does anyone know if you can get the RNS-d navigation directions displayed in the DIS?
I can't seem to find the answer via google but checked all coding and it appears to be ok. Anyone got any ideas?

i have been trying to get this to work and thought I had the coding correct but nothing came up. RNS-E and colur DIS.

It turns out that you code it as you would then turn of ignition and then run car for some miles and it apears eventually so I have been told so am trying this this weekend on mine.

Not sure if this is true but not been able to get it to work yet so will give it a try.

i have been trying to get this to work and thought I had the coding correct but nothing came up. RNS-E and colur DIS.

It turns out that you code it as you would then turn of ignition and then run car for some miles and it apears eventually so I have been told so am trying this this weekend on mine.

Not sure if this is true but not been able to get it to work yet so will give it a try.

I read that about the RNS-e but having to turn it off and back on to get it to display the directions seems like a right hassle and a complete bodge when it should just appear.

Thats my point, it doesn't just apear. YOu need to drive the car apparently. I can only assume it has soemthing to do with the intergration with the car or something. I am trying it this weekend. My car is being worked on right now and when I get it back the coding for the RNS-e and DIS will be done and we'll see what happens.

Thats my point, it doesn't just apear. YOu need to drive the car apparently. I can only assume it has soemthing to do with the intergration with the car or something. I am trying it this weekend. My car is being worked on right now and when I get it back the coding for the RNS-e and DIS will be done and we'll see what happens.

Let me know how you get on.
I have read that if you set the RNS-d (not sure if its the same on e) to Colour DIS screen (its normally set to monochrome) it works better on monochrome DIS. I've not tried that yet but its worth a look I think.

Are we talking RNS-D or RNS-E? - as the answer is completely different.

If we're talking RNS-E it's just a case of getting the value in adaptation channel 62 of the instruments correct - and if you have a red DIS you have to turn the RNS-E off and back on after setting an active route (because of a bug in the red DIS firmware that Audi don't care about because they never sold an A4 with the RNS-E and a red DIS).

If we're talking RNS-D then you also need the separate TMC tuner which also acts as a CAN converter between the Bosch CAN variant that the RNS-D "talks" and the Audi CAN variant that the car "talks".

turn of ignition and then run car for some miles and it apears

how do you drive it ?

all you do is as above turn rns off then stright back on it works (red dis)

if you have colour dis you have codeing wrong

all you do is as above turn rns off then stright back on it works (red dis)
Some people have found that you have to do the coding/adaptation changes and then wait 24 hours - when it works.

The best theory why this happens is that the CAN messages have a sequence number and in some cases you need to wait for this to "wrap-around".

Where is the E coming from?
There was no mention of a RNS-e. Its all about the D.

The unit is fitted with a TMC.
The radio, track and such information is displayed on the DIS.

It's still needs to be coded in the cluster, adaptation channel 62 still needs coding on the RNS-D install with a TMC module

1=radio
2=telephone
4=navigation

so a value of 5 would be radio & navigation in the DIS.

Dave's explanation was quite correct, it was the other posts which were confusing the issue, you started off posting about the D, the next poster said he couldn't get the E to work with colour DIS, and sometimes it doesn't work right away after coding.

It's still needs to be coded in the cluster, adaptation channel 62 still needs coding on the RNS-D install with a TMC module

1=radio
2=telephone
4=navigation

so a value of 5 would be radio & navigation in the DIS.

Dave's explanation was quite correct, it was the other posts which were confusing the issue, you started off posting about the D, the next poster said he couldn't get the E to work with colour DIS, and sometimes it doesn't work right away after coding.

Cluster coding. Thought we did that. I'll double check it on Sunday.

Thanks you and others.