Millers Oil

Marko

Reaction score
I'm almost certain that I am now going to use Millers xfe-pd 5w-40 505.01 (semi-synthetic) oil. I'd rather change my oil regularly and am not paying the prices of Castrols 506.01 'LongLife' oils. Millers is £21 for 5 ltrs and I would change every 6 months.

There has been a lot of discussion over the longlife oil. Has anyone any thoughts on using the semi-synthetic oil or is using anything other than Casttrol LongLife?

Regards

A4 1.9TDi 130 2001

I'd say if you're going to change every 6 months then you can't go wrong with the 505.01.

The most important service item is oil and If you change it like that then IMO how can you go wrong?

If you can do it yourself then the cost is nothing compaired to paying ANY garage - and lets face it the only reason for the manufactures introducing ‘LongLife’ servicing is to keep servicing costs down for fleet users.

It’s a fact doing your own more frequent oil changes will ultimately be better for the longevity of your cars engine and turbo……….. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks for your reply. My thoughts entirely. Why spend so much dosh an a great car but skimp on keeping the cars 'blood' in top condition!!

I'm changing the oil at the weekend.

cheers