wiper arm white and corroided

ei2gfb

Reaction score
ive just bought a 03 a4 1.8t and the only issue as per the picture if the lower part of the wiper arm the paint appears to have flaked and left a horrible white corroided finish, im picking the car up tomorrow so can inspect it in more detail but could i simply remove the arms, sand it back and apply some plasti-dip to tidy it up?

A4

Last edited:
They all do that sir - yes, a temporary fix is as you suggest - once alloy has started to corrode, it'll keep doing so. It's hard to see what sort of blades are on it but if they aren't aero blades then I'd recommend replacing the arms with the B7 ones which take aero blades. There are numerous threads on the subject - and on the joys of removing the arms!

Enjoy - nice looking car. Mike.

cheers Mike, yeah i was toying with idea of replacing them for b7 aero arms, its just the standard j-hokes at the minute

cheers Mike, yeah i was toying with idea of replacing them for b7 aero arms, its just the standard j-hokes at the minute

Change them! Best "mod" I ever did - much better blades! Mike.

Had this on mine, coloured with black permanent marker as a temporary fix then some c*nt snaps the arms so I replaced them with aero arms. It's a decent but costly upgrade, if you don't fancy splashing the cash recolour them.

yeah the arms are dear, seems to be the first thing that is removed from cars being broke as anyone i email on ebay there gone, and any breakers that has them is looking 100quid

Yep, as others have said they can be removed and painted.
They can be a pain to remove though. I purchased a wiper arm removal tool from ebay to remove mine.

That said, the aero wiper arm upgrade is well worth the money - modernizes the look of the car and work much better.
I purchased mine off a Seat Exeo that was being broken (they are the same as the B7 A4)

will b8 wiper arms fit also?