A4 1.9tdi 100?

66Montego

Reaction score
Going to look at A4 this week...its a 2004 (53) 1.9tdi 100 avant...only on 66K with full history! Immaculate...hoping to run it till it dies

Only issue is the 100bhp version abit weezy?...im not after a whippet but something that will holds its own on the motorway every day at 70?

Are these easy to remap, not that I would but maybe in the future...

Most would prefer the 130 but if you would like the better mpg it could be good. Sounds like it was not intended for long commutes if that's genuine miles

Yeah i need as much mpg as possible...genuine miles Full Audi history, need to save as much money as new house is on the cards :( well first house! Cambelt has been changed on age not mileage so least ttaht has been done..66k is nothing for these cars i gathered! Will this be a PD engine would you know?

The 100bhp engine in the A4 can become laboriously slow at times. But it will remap happily to about 130bhp. As I recall, if you find a 5 speed 130bhp it will do the same mpg as the 100bhp. The 6 speed 130bhp engine does 2mpg less.

I have the 100bhp and have done for 4 years

Will sit at 90 all day long if you want tops out at around 110 and has power all the way there

I keep hearing that they are under powered but I haven't had any problems in 4 years and have never felt the need to get a remap although I do want a remap! That doesn't mean it NEEDS it

It is a little better on juice too than the 130 I can get up to 65mpg on a run usually around high 50's though

As I say owner for 4 years and can't grumble at all if it's a good price I would go for it

I have the 100bhp and have done for 4 years

Will sit at 90 all day long if you want tops out at around 110 and has power all the way there

I keep hearing that they are under powered but I haven't had any problems in 4 years and have never felt the need to get a remap although I do want a remap! That doesn't mean it NEEDS it

It is a little better on juice too than the 130 I can get up to 65mpg on a run usually around high 50's though

As I say owner for 4 years and can't grumble at all if it's a good price I would go for it

Well here it is...I think it may be little over-priced? Any thoughts, probably will try and knock him down if I see it..what you think?

Audi A4 1.9 TDI 100 SE 5dr ONLY 66000 Miles 2003

Dont know about the price but that is a clean example!!
Mileage is low,2 keys and a centre armrest............very nice B6:yes:

It won't let me view it on my mobile

Nice colour but few extras.May not have 4e/windows.Price is high and I would look for one with more miles and a lot cheaper and perhaps with more extras

Its got Cruise, arm rest, aircon only thing it missing is park sensors ;) has all elecky windows aswell, see from the pics, what would you say its worth, as need to do some bargaining I think? Dont want too high, as I do 25k a year mileage! :(

doesn't look a bad car and with the miles its not had a hard life.
its not got a towbar so its not been used for pulling a caravan up and down the country looks an honest car.
try and bargain on the price as with most places there is normally movement to be had if you can bargain

not sure if it is really? Dont see many with that mileage one, hmmm maybe if i get it one for £4500, around 4k on WhatCar valuation so dealer up price a bit maybe

The dealer is using the mileage to hook someone who doesn't know that these are happier doing much bigger numbers.It is 10 years old and the Avant deserves more power.The 130 can do great mpg and is nice to have power in hand,My 04 2.5tdi Quattro tiptronic with sat nav heated leather and xenons is not worth £5k only just run in at 117k

I bought mine for 2k and me mate bought a 130 a few months back for 1750 from a local dealer aswel. That one does have lower miles than mine did but mine had an exrta 40k on the clock and was 3 grand cheaper. No brainer to me THAT is way overpriced!

Right ok guys thanks for your input, think it is a little overpriced, wouldnt think the dealer would drop this any lower either. If I do go to see this what price would you think it was, as all these are similar prices on Autotrader?

Last edited:
finally had chance to have a look

its a really nice well looked after motor looking at the pics and plenty of extras

but 5k is pushing it 4k maybe

finally had chance to have a look

its a really nice well looked after motor looking at the pics and plenty of extras

but 5k is pushing it 4k maybe

yeah it does look really nice, worth a look I think, going to try see if he can budge on price, im p/x'ing a fairly new car 58 plate 118d so he may want that, good bargaining tool maybe..idea is to release some money from this to fund a house :D oh the joys...so if i can get 2k back from this i will be happy tbh

I would sell that privately you want get what its worth on part exing it

If you are experienced its best to sell privately .The dealer is looking for a fat profit and the Avant is basic few extras over a standard SE and not a desirable engine.Dealers have the advantage of a quick deal and you don't have to juggle buying and selling but this lets them clean up

I'd say save the cash and go for a 130bhp with higher milage, they'll run for 200k+ and the 130 will return roughly the same mpg, insurance, etc but be faster and map to 170 if you fancy. With only 60k miles on a diesel chances are the car's either been clocked or smashed and left for dead.

well went to view the vehicle last night after work, and yeah its a good looker, but service history didn't quite match up, well it did, but the stamps in the book were to me abit bogus, hmmm just not convinced this car has original mileage...seems abit odd really and not that honest, wasn't particularly nice inside, lots of wear and tear you'd imagine on a 150k car, which to me on a 66k audi b5 is abit strange, elecky windows didnt work, and there was a few bulb warning lights on dash...and thats still asking 5K with no budging dealer said..i even said its overpriced ha..good things come to those who wait hey...still searching!

I'd say save the cash and go for a 130bhp with higher milage, they'll run for 200k+ and the 130 will return roughly the same mpg, insurance, etc but be faster and map to 170 if you fancy. With only 60k miles on a diesel chances are the car's either been clocked or smashed and left for dead.

Think thats the plan now, even slighty older maybe, 03 plate etc...just need to get as much car for the money, cheap as possible but honest as possible, get nice ones for £3.5 not £5K haha, makes me laugh these dealers sometimes

well went to view the vehicle last night after work, and yeah its a good looker, but service history didn't quite match up, well it did, but the stamps in the book were to me abit bogus, hmmm just not convinced this car has original mileage...seems abit odd really and not that honest, wasn't particularly nice inside, lots of wear and tear you'd imagine on a 150k car, which to me on a 66k audi b5 is abit strange, elecky windows didnt work, and there was a few bulb warning lights on dash...and thats still asking 5K with no budging dealer said..i even said its overpriced ha..good things come to those who wait hey...still searching!
Good decision.There s/b no wear and tear if its genuine unless it was a pizza delivery car.Nothing on mine after 9 yrs.Some dealers will always try it on and it still works.Much better looking for an honest car with proper mileage