Steering wheel

Innocence80

Reaction score
Lol is there anything on your cab your happy with? lol

Reactions: quattrojames
There's something about dual stage airbags to be careful of when using newer steering wheels.

And getting steering controls to work can be a pain. Best bet, in my opinion, is to go like for like, or upgrade to the sport spec wheel, with three arms(?) rather than four.

aww i didnt mean anything by it, other than it appears you want to change everything at once lol :friends:

Everytime I try and change something, I found out I can't without major modification, so move on to the next thing! lol

In that case probably best to go for one of the 3 spoke sport wheels (if your car doesn't already have one), newer wheels can be a pain.

I have a 3 spoke one already as I have the sport model, it's just a bit worn and would like a newer one.

The B6 MFSW's are all four spokes wheels, like this (which also has tiptronic function). You might need a new slip ring for the steering, and a MFSW ECU, but other than that it should be plug and play (ish). As mentioned, newer wheels have issues of uncertainty ref the dual stage airbag's working if required.

images

Think I will stick with what I've got for now, thanks for the info though, something to consider for the future.

No it's proper retrim & looks OEM. I've seen one in the flesh, & it looks bang on.