B6 cabriolet new drivers door now nothing works - need wiring diagram please

Nath-rszt

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a b6 cab 2.5tdi i have fitted a new drivers door and when the new one turned up it already had the main wiring harness with it. Me being a complete div i've scrapped the old door with the loom in it.

I've phoned audi and have a part number 8h1971029q but its on back order and i need to get this sorted asap.

The loom in the door has all the correct plugs on it, it just doesnt work anything so i take it theres a few pins in different places were it plugs into the (A) post.

Not sure where to even look for a diagram so wandering if anyone can help? thanks

Nathan

I'll look on Elsawin one evening this weekend if I can, they're normally quite complex so for a few quid it's worth getting your own copy off Ebay if you can.

It looks like you either got a door from a car with manual window winders (on the rear !) or from a later 2003 on car. The wiring is the same just the pins need swapping in the connector at the door jamb ! You also need to make sure there are no broken wires in the harness before condemning the door loom !

yeah first thing I would be checking is the wiring in the loom to make sure you have no broken wires as its a very common problem