034 High Flow cat

Paul_A4_UK

Reaction score
Firstly I'm not sure if this thread would be better placed in tuning or not?

I have the car booked in for a stage 1 Revo. I've read good things about the 034 high flow cat and that I should see an extra 5hp-8hp from fitting that. That's enough power for me as stg 1 is quoted at 225 and that'll take me near to the 230-235hp area where the standard clutch really starts to struggle (again from what I've read on here).

If I have a stage 1 map could I just fit the 034 cat without having any more mapping done? I don't want it running too lean but I'm unsure how much it'd effect air / fuel ratio exactly.

Has anyone ordered an 034 as it appears I'll have to order it from the states?

Will the 034 cat pass emission tests or would the standard cat have to be re-fitted each time I go for an MOT?

Cheers

Paul

With a high flow cat it probably won't need mapping again as there's still back pressure, but to be on the safe side it's best to change the cat first and tell the mapper. The clutch will probably slip but might as well see how it holds out before changing. If we're talking a diesel engine could consider ditching the cat altogether as it doesn't need it for an emissions test, but a petrol with a high flow cat just needs a pre MOT Italian style driving session.