Part no request help

glenandem

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm after the part no for both sides complete driveshafts for my 2003 b6 avant 1.9tdi awx fwd manual if anyone can help so I can cross ref them!
really appreciate it cheers glen

Ooh what a nob! One of the most important points I should have mentioned!
5 speed fella

I've just shut the PC down, I'll have a look for you tomorrow night.

For AWX

Left = 8E0 407 451 GX

Right = 8E0 407 272 S

Numbers supplied in good faith, etc ....

Cheers fella really appreciate that but if u don't mind could you double check them as I'm getting the following which you have one listed?
8E0407271S
8EO407272S

Last edited:
Glen i have the saloon of your car same engine awx 5 speed, and i have the 71s and 72s shafts, just recently replaced one of them, so can guarantee compatibility of these part numbers :)

There's a myriad of options for Driveshafts in Etka, those part numbers I read are listed in my version for your car, and as always part numbers are given in good faith etc.

If Dan can personally vouch for those part numbers then I'd go with them.

Cheers fella, can I ask y u replaced them?
im at whits end with a vibration I've got from the front at most speeds but really noticeable on mway, steering doesn't shake atall and I've replaced engine mounts, dmf etc and now I'm thinking its got to be either driveshafts or worse gearbox although I put it in neutral on mway and have even turned engine off when it's quiet! And vibration still there, wheels all good too but would have thought they'd shake steering wheel so I'm just down to these two things now or I'm ********!
second hand driveshafts are cheap and only take ten mins to change do thinking I'm gonna try both of them see how it goes

This is what I have listed in etka July update 974

8E0 407 271 S was dropped on 01/11/2011 and replaced with 8E0 407 451 GX

8E0 407 272 S was dropped on 01/02/2012 and replaced with 8E0 407 452 GX

Change in OEM manufacture, rectify a design fault, change to one of the sub assembly parts or slight design change to make it compatible with other models, end of the day you never know unless it's a common fault like the well known B7 170 injectors.