Fuel gauge

Bennettrfc

Reaction score
Another problem with this car!!! Trip computer reading 0 miles and fuel gauge reading empty after putting 20 pounds in it tried reset button still nothing someone help haha!!

Could be the sensor in the tank or a sign your battery is on its way out if you unhook the battery it alwaysputs the fuel guage back to zero no matter how much you already have in, put another fiver in and see if it comes back over a day or so mine normally goes back to normal about half an hour after putting fuel in but this is only when I've unhooked the battery it has never just dropped to zero at random

Problem solved took out fuel pump and instrument cluster fuses turned the ignition on without turnin car over turned back off fuses back in fired her up and boom back in business. Thanks for suggestion though

Hi. I've got the same problem with the fuel gauge after a flat battery.
Which fuse did you take out and replace...... ? and what was the exact sequence you needed to do.
Thanks
2003 A4 Cabriolet

This happened to me after the misses left the CD player on all night and killed the battery. I just topped up with fuel and went back to normal .