Keyfobs

Innocence80

Reaction score
Well last night I went to lock my car and found that it wouldn't and had to go and get my spare. Are the keyfobs renowned for the batteries going flat quickly? Only had the car a week.

No .I have never changed one in 10yrs!Swop the batteries over to check .Don't think they should suddenly stop

I've ordered a pack but will swap them over tonight just incase. If it's the fob itself are they expensive to replace as i'm assuming I will need to get it programmed to my car.

Sometimes my keyfob dies and i have to re-code it to the car. Think leaving the keys on the microwave or similar doesnt help.

I get this occasionally - either locking or unlocking doesn't work off the remote, so I do it manually. Generally it seems to sort itself once I've started the car. Mike

The keyfobs I have are a bit battered and could probs do with replacing but what is the cost of getting one programmed?

Just sounds like it needs "syncing" with the car.
Pop a new battery into the fob - get into the car, turn the key to position II (so the dash lights illuminate) press and hold the lock button on the fob for 3 seconds, same with the unlock button.
Close the door and test.

If your struggling im pretty sure its all explained in the handbook for the car. :friends:

I haven't even looked at the handbook for the car tbh! Should really have a scan as I still don't know what half the buttons do in my car! lol As long as the roof works that's fine. :salute:

Reactions: palfy86
Talking about key fobs, mine has started only working to open and close the car when I am near it, presume the battery is on the way out, it is 9 years old now!

Didn't get to try re-sync last night as I was too busy replacing the headlight bulb. That's an awkward thing to do!

Hahaha just wait till driverside goes. Little hands help and if you undo the 3 torx bolts and slide the lamp unit forward thats a winner too. :thumbsup:

Shhhh! It's not going to happen for a very looooonnnng time! :eyebrows:

Hahaha sorry i mean you dont need to worry about drivers side because they NEVER go :p

positive thinking and all that jazz lol. However i have gotta get my headlights out this weekend so i can fit some cree sidelights. Fancy doing that for me? get some practice in lol.

I shall leave that to you I think, don't fancy ripping my hands to shreds, don't mind oil under the finger nails but have to say no to the painful hands! Let me know how you get on though :p

yeah ok i can understand that, hands that look like theyve been through a shredder isnt a good look lol.

Yeah brillo can do it in my sleep the amounts of times i had em out just cba lol