recommended live dyno tuners

deano1978

different gear
Reaction score
Im after getting the bv43a turbo,my remaper says im better to get it remaped again but dynotuned as its mored complex with a biggr turbo.
Any ideas guys?

Out of the box the bv43 is a very potent little turbo which makes it very sought after as it's plug and play on the inline 4 cyl. diesel engines. I prefer on the street logging as you cans see what the turbo/map can do but live dyno is safer and more convenient ! The trouble with live dyno it's costly and i would spend money elsewhere !
I had mine for a few k on a b6 audi avant with a freshly rebuilt engine but sadly the single mass flywheel conversion caused the syncro's to break in the 5 speed 01X gearbox (****ty box to have in a diesel!) as soon as i took it on a spirited drive around M25 ! The base map was not finished but, if you want to try-it then i can upload it on your ECU and you can live with it till you have your's done on a dyno !
At the time getting a SMF was the only way to upgrade to 240mm clutch and as the flywheel was damaged i had no choice but to fit the grabby Southbend stage 3 clutch i saved for a special project ! Out of the box the bv43 is a nice little turbo, a little sow to build speed from 80 to 100 but very quick from 100-130 Mph ! Make sure yours brakes and suspension can handle the power hike, in my case i found the FWD a bit light and twitchy after 120Mph even though i have uprated springs/shocks and rs4 rear ARB...

A little slow to build up 80-100, thats were i want the power, im very happy with my map at the moment,boost is everywhere,i love the sound of 100-130 but id be at that al day n end up with no license!

Because of my map now will this turbo still produce the same boost?
Im after more power and torque.

Is upradeding injectors going to do anythink?

Also what about a boost gauge on the bv43 with my map,would i be able to get some extra power as its a bigger turbo?

A bigger turbo will always be a bit laggy compared with the gt1749va you have on the car at the moment. The nozzles you have are tiny and need loads of duration in order to inject more. Getting larger nozzles is the way forward, more fuel injected equal's more exhaust manifold pressure so you can drive larger turbines and create more boost. If it's midrange you after then a hybrid gt1752v might be more suited to your goal. The bv43 is smoother, it builds boost more gradually but it will have more top end without choking the turbine. Going bigger is always going to be a compromise and if you can live with a little lag (2-3 sec) then fine... Just remember the larger turbo's were designed for larger crossflow engines with 16 valves or more...and newer injection system: Siemens PPD or CR.

Where does everybody keep getting these turbos from? I want one

They are rather rare, fitted on a few 2.0 tdi engines from 2006 to 2007...very rare ! I want £400 for mine, bought it brand new in the box, only done 2-3 k in it before the gearbox broke syncro's !

Wish I had a spare £400 rite now I would take it off ur hands