Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2

    S4 Cab Roof Problems

    Hello there,

    I've got a problem with my 55 plate S4 Cabs roof. Yesterday I decided to put the roof down for the first time in months, I operated the roof button, the windows lowered and the front of the roof unhitched from the windscreen. It proceeded to move back ever so slightly, then stopped. Now the roof light is flashing on the dash, the roof isn't secure and will not close.

    I followed the guide on youtube and manually took the roof all the way down, then put it all the way up again, hoping that it would reset the system. It still has the same problem of unhitching, then stopping part way through. Now when the car starts up, the roof light will flash for a few seconds before going off.

    Is there a possibility that there are components which could have failed after months of no use?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by m.jolley; 28th July 2013 at 10:24.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,472
    you need to get it on VCDS to see the fault codes
    it could be anything from a sensor to the pump

    did you do the manula reset more than once ?
    sometimes takes 2/3 goes

  4. #3
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by m.jolley View Post
    Hello there,

    I've got a problem with my 55 plate S4 Cabs roof. Yesterday I decided to put the roof down for the first time in months, I operated the roof button, the windows lowered and the front of the roof unhitched from the windscreen. It proceeded to move back ever so slightly, then stopped. Now the roof light is flashing on the dash, the roof isn't secure and will not close.

    I followed the guide on youtube and manually took the roof all the way down, then put it all the way up again, hoping that it would reset the system. It still has the same problem of unhitching, then stopping part way through. Now when the car starts up, the roof light will flash for a few seconds before going off.

    Is there a possibility that there are components which could have failed after months of no use?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Im 99% convinced its the motor, I have written a guide on resolving this...

    Audi A4 Cabriolet Soft Top/ Roof / Hood Motor Repair Guide

  5. #4
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,472
    +1 for the motor
    with out checking the MVB its hard to guide you to a repair

  6. #5
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2

    can you give a suggestion?

    Quote Originally Posted by VagPro View Post
    Im 99% convinced its the motor, I have written a guide on resolving this...

    Audi A4 Cabriolet Soft Top/ Roof / Hood Motor Repair Guide
    hi there, i know this is an older post but hoping you can assist.

    Im having some soft top roof re-set problems. We initally thought it was the motor or the pump but both seem to be working. could it be that i have to do some sort of factory re-set. we have tried to manually reset the top by taking it up and down a few times. any suggestions?

  7. #6
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyjgr View Post
    hi there, i know this is an older post but hoping you can assist.

    Im having some soft top roof re-set problems. We initally thought it was the motor or the pump but both seem to be working. could it be that i have to do some sort of factory re-set. we have tried to manually reset the top by taking it up and down a few times. any suggestions?
    Hello,

    Please describe your roof problem and symptoms to me or what happens when you try and operate the roof.

    There are mentions of a "factory reset" which involves opening and closing the roof manually, in essence this does not cause the control unit to "learn and store" the new values but just ensures all the micro-switches are in the correct position, especially if one of the locks is not locked correctly. So yes make sure your storage compartment and top lock is locked correctly (unlock it and lock it again making sure to only remove the manual key when you have reached the stop position.

    Regards
    Khurrum

    P.S. its probably better to continue this topic on the Roof Repair Guide Forum as it get a significant higher number of hits !

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Cab roof problems
    By ab6 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22nd March 2013, 23:16
  2. A4 Cab roof problem....HELP!!!
    By ridgy666 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27th September 2012, 20:24
  3. Audi A4 Cab roof problems PLEASE HELP
    By geordie944 in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 3rd April 2012, 11:50
  4. cab roof problem
    By bowen in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25th September 2011, 10:56
  5. Hello from a 09 plate A3 cab owner with roof problems!!
    By Filthygorgeous in forum The Welcome Section
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th April 2009, 21:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO