AH FabricationsChris Nott
    3rd Gear

Status

Connects2 iPod question

Anyone tried these connects2 units that plug into your cd changer port?
    i was gonna get a parrot 9100 kit but I believe u need another lead for rear amped audi's so thought I might get one of these as there quite cheap and I don't really use the cd changer in the glovebox and I'm not interested in hands free phone, just want the music off my iPhone playing through the car!

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Yeah ive had one in my old leon and golf, worked well good way of having all your music without having to get a better stereo, they do one now that charges your iphone/ipod too, bit more expensive, but theyre well worth the money imo
    Mods done: interior: Light to dark conversion, To Do: Carbon trim, carpet to be replaced, rear window retrofit. Exterior: Resprayed in Skoda's Rallye Green, 18" RS4 reps fitted, xenons, LED sidelights/NumberPlate lights, B Pillars wrapped in carbon. To Do: Lowering 35mm all round, tints, Tuning: Yet to do exhaust/remap/ egr delete etc..

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had one of them in my A4. Worked fine but in the end I changed it for a Dension Gateway as the Connects2 doesn't put the song name on the DIS whereas the Dension does.

3rd Gear

Status
    Haha cheers pal, as long as it works ill be happy with it, will it charge the phone up if I get a iPhone 5 lightning lead rather than the headphone lead and can I skip songs using the head unit?

2nd Gear

Status
    I dont believe the connect2 offers any headunit functionality, you have to control all of your music with the ipod/iphone or aux device, as for the charging i cant really comment as i only ever bought the budget option
    Mods done: interior: Light to dark conversion, To Do: Carbon trim, carpet to be replaced, rear window retrofit. Exterior: Resprayed in Skoda's Rallye Green, 18" RS4 reps fitted, xenons, LED sidelights/NumberPlate lights, B Pillars wrapped in carbon. To Do: Lowering 35mm all round, tints, Tuning: Yet to do exhaust/remap/ egr delete etc..

3rd Gear

Status
    cheers pal, i spoke to anouther guy on this forum who fitted one to his a3 and it will charge the iphone if i use the right lead and i can skip tracks like a cd changer control so that will me im not bothered about song info etc i just want sound!

3rd Gear

Status
    Ok guys fitted it today and it just says cdc1 track etc but nothing much else but for £20 I paid for it I'm not bothered as I can skip songs, fast forward and plays nice and clear so I'm chuffed but just got a redundant cd changer now!