B5 perches on B6 S4

GeoffDunk

Reaction score
Website
www.gdluxurytransport.co.uk
I have heard and read so much about B5 perches. I am not 100% on exactly what they are, I assume its something the spring sits on (please correct me if I am wrong), hence lowerign the front of the car very slightly.

Can this be done o nthe B6 S4 also. I am now about to have some front suspension work done and would be keen to sort this job while the front 2 corners are stripped out.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Yes, the springs sit on a plate on the front dampers. This plate on the b6/b7 are higher than the one on the b5. Swapping them over drops the car slightly without affecting dampers or the springs themselves. I have a set ready to go on my b7 s4 (will work perfect on the b6 too). Its a well worth doing mod if you dont like the tractor look ;)

yes you can do this but it alters the camber on the front of the car ... i would try and do similar on the rear or you could end up with
funny handling as your not altering the camber on the rear

yes you can do this but it alters the camber on the front of the car ... i would try and do similar on the rear or you could end up with
funny handling as your not altering the camber on the rear

you are partly right,but no camber at front if anything,get ur tracking done,it will only lower front around 15-25mm but level the car better as the fronts a little higher than the back.
I wouldnt worry about the rear its really minimal effect on the rear!

the front camber on an s4 is adjustable by looseneing the subframe bolts and moving the subframe
not sure about an a4 but its definately adjustable on s4,s

Front camber is adjustable on the S4. Once fitted along with front bushes and other service items the car will be 4 wheel aligned anyway so it'll be spot on.

The car currently sits very level, not high at the front at all. I just want to bring it down that 10mm or so with this easy conversion just to lower the centre of gravity and improve handling, with the 4 wheel alignment done after the fitting it should be spot on.