Oil leak 1.8t 190

Slinepete

Reaction score
Noticed a patch on the under tray and also when I look down from the drivers side at the front seems to be low down checked oil and level is fine car was services with new timing belt 3000 miles ago going to take it in in the morning but thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas where it could be from thanks pete

Well hopefully it's nothing major then it's not losing hardly any just looks a mess and I don't like leaving things would the turbo feed be an easy enough fix il be taking it to garage anyway but just so I know what to expect,had a nasty accident with a jack years ago and since then I hate going under cars thanks for the reply

Ok took it in they reckon its the rocker gasket leaking and running down the front corner of the engine booked in for new gasket thurs hope that sorts it

Mine does a similar thing but runs down the back of the engine and onto the gearbox, also need to get around to sorting mine out. Anyone konw the part number?

Ok rocker gasket done but can't tell if it's a cured because garage have left oil all over the place and to top it off curbed both rear wheels getting it on the ramp the mrs took it in and picked it up as I was at work so going to have to ring in the morning to give them the bad news well ****** off

Oh no sorry to hear that mate, i had same leak on mine coming from rocker gasket but was at back of engine! Hope it solves your problem and get them to pay for your wheels

Yes il see what they say in the morning just hope they've done the gasket properly lost confidence after seeing the obvious lack of respect and not being bothered to clean the oil off , think mine worked it's way to the front because my drive is quite a steep slope and we always always park reversed up.

Oh no well hope its better, decided to keep the a4 now haha once i adjusted the coilovers and now loving the stance and extra grip through the corners have found new love for it! Amd i bought a quad to mess about on...

Aa good to hear your sticking with us for a bit bet the quads a good laugh I almost got chucked off the quads at centre parcs for going a bit too mad haha you can really drift them hanging off the side think the instructor was just peed off he couldn't do it

Check camshaft seals if it leaking at the front, easy to check just pull top timing cover and have a look clean oil of with brake cleaner or similar then check it again for leaks !!!!

Il have a look had belt done only 3k ago so if it was leaking they should of spotted it but could of started after that I suppose would be just my luck

Ok garage been ok about the issues they told me to take car back and they would clean it properly and the wheels I sanded the curbs out and sprayed back myself just couldn't stand to look at them and also I thought I'd tackle the oil myself today with degreaser some machine cleaner and the hose pretty much did the whole engine bay 90% of the oil I've got off but I noticed the injectors into the manifold looked a bit oily didnt want to go wetting this too much but anyone know what would be the safest way to clean this up at home

Goin to give it a good clean see how quick it comes a back might just never of been cleaned if it comes back quick il get seals done just want to get everything ok before remap hopefully, I've got jbs at the end of my road so just need to save some more tax bill month has cleared me out