AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

Oil leak 1.8t 190

Noticed a patch on the under tray and also when I look down from the drivers side at the front seems to be low down checked oil and level is fine car was services with new timing belt 3000 miles ago going to take it in in the morning but thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas where it could be from thanks pete

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    only thing down there is sump tbh unless the turbo feed is dripping down?

2nd Gear

Status
    Well hopefully it's nothing major then it's not losing hardly any just looks a mess and I don't like leaving things would the turbo feed be an easy enough fix il be taking it to garage anyway but just so I know what to expect,had a nasty accident with a jack years ago and since then I hate going under cars thanks for the reply

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok took it in they reckon its the rocker gasket leaking and running down the front corner of the engine booked in for new gasket thurs hope that sorts it

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine does a similar thing but runs down the back of the engine and onto the gearbox, also need to get around to sorting mine out. Anyone konw the part number?

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok rocker gasket done but can't tell if it's a cured because garage have left oil all over the place and to top it off curbed both rear wheels getting it on the ramp the mrs took it in and picked it up as I was at work so going to have to ring in the morning to give them the bad news well pissed off

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh no sorry to hear that mate, i had same leak on mine coming from rocker gasket but was at back of engine! Hope it solves your problem and get them to pay for your wheels
    2004 audi a4 s line 1.8t bex 242bhp dynoed
    Mods: bsr optiflow kit, forge diverter valve, custom turbo back exhaust, custom 200 cell cat, DGR coilovers, forge tip, s3/tt 386cc injectors, boost gauge, revo stage 2, 12mm rear spacers, rear window extension spoiler
    To come: big brake setup... Getting there!!
    boats and hoesss, boats and hoesss

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes il see what they say in the morning just hope they've done the gasket properly lost confidence after seeing the obvious lack of respect and not being bothered to clean the oil off , think mine worked it's way to the front because my drive is quite a steep slope and we always always park reversed up.

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh no well hope its better, decided to keep the a4 now haha once i adjusted the coilovers and now loving the stance and extra grip through the corners have found new love for it! Amd i bought a quad to mess about on...
    2004 audi a4 s line 1.8t bex 242bhp dynoed
    Mods: bsr optiflow kit, forge diverter valve, custom turbo back exhaust, custom 200 cell cat, DGR coilovers, forge tip, s3/tt 386cc injectors, boost gauge, revo stage 2, 12mm rear spacers, rear window extension spoiler
    To come: big brake setup... Getting there!!
    boats and hoesss, boats and hoesss

2nd Gear

Status
    Aa good to hear your sticking with us for a bit bet the quads a good laugh I almost got chucked off the quads at centre parcs for going a bit too mad haha you can really drift them hanging off the side think the instructor was just peed off he couldn't do it

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Check camshaft seals if it leaking at the front, easy to check just pull top timing cover and have a look clean oil of with brake cleaner or similar then check it again for leaks !!!!
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

2nd Gear

Status
    Il have a look had belt done only 3k ago so if it was leaking they should of spotted it but could of started after that I suppose would be just my luck

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok garage been ok about the issues they told me to take car back and they would clean it properly and the wheels I sanded the curbs out and sprayed back myself just couldn't stand to look at them and also I thought I'd tackle the oil myself today with degreaser some machine cleaner and the hose pretty much did the whole engine bay 90% of the oil I've got off but I noticed the injectors into the manifold looked a bit oily didnt want to go wetting this too much but anyone know what would be the safest way to clean this up at home

2nd Gear

Status
    Sounds like you need new injector seals, not too big a job.

2nd Gear

Status
    Goin to give it a good clean see how quick it comes a back might just never of been cleaned if it comes back quick il get seals done just want to get everything ok before remap hopefully, I've got jbs at the end of my road so just need to save some more tax bill month has cleared me out