AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    different gear

Status

what air con sensor is this?

Having a bit of trouble,
    2013-07-21 16.26.15.jpg

The air con sensor,my one on the left is completly different to the one on the right?
    But putting the part number around keeps bringing up the part on the right,which does not fit

Here is my old one close up
    2013-07-21 16.28.50.jpg
    The part no on the old reads 8e0 959 126
    But searching just brings me the part i have which dont fit?

Am i missing something,i did have a few beers last night :-*

tried to edit. But dont know why there upside down
    A4 avant b6.1.9 avf 6 speed. Bv43 turbo.uprated fmic. KRAPtuning custom map. Powerflow straight through twin pipes. Allard delete kit. Boost,egt, + voltage gauges. Ball,spring boost controller. Fk silversport coilovers. 312mm brake upgrade. B7 multifunc steering wheel. Full dis. Cruise control. Auto locks. Rs4 rear bumper. Full rs4 grills. Drls + hids. 10inch custom sub + amp. Rear parking sensors. Leds everywhere. Parrotkit full speaker streaming. silver 4d carbon interior.never ending...

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    So you mean the shiny one in the left of that photo is the one that doesn't fit, as in your photo is upside down?

If so then I had the exact same shenannigans replacing my high pressure air con sensor. ECP and GSF supply the identical wrong part when provided with my reg (same as the shiny one with long hexagonal body) and are typically helpful (read effing useless) when it comes to trying to sort it out.

In the end I went to TPS parts in Staverton, Gloucester who were able to provide the correct part (ie the dirty shorter one on the right). I think the only other vendor to guarantee getting it right is Audi themselves, although it's £57+ VAT from them whereas TPS is only about £39 + VAT.

Hope that's of some help.

Edit: TPS number is 0845 8125440 and I'm sure they would do postage to you if you asked.
    2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T S-Line

different gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Veero View Post
    So you mean the shiny one in the left of that photo is the one that doesn't fit, as in your photo is upside down?

If so then I had the exact same shenannigans replacing my high pressure air con sensor. ECP and GSF supply the identical wrong part when provided with my reg (same as the shiny one with long hexagonal body) and are typically helpful (read effing useless) when it comes to trying to sort it out.

In the end I went to TPS parts in Staverton, Gloucester who were able to provide the correct part (ie the dirty shorter one on the right). I think the only other vendor to guarantee getting it right is Audi themselves, although it's £57+ VAT from them whereas TPS is only about £39 + VAT.

Hope that's of some help.

Edit: TPS number is 0845 8125440 and I'm sure they would do postage to you if you asked.
    Cheers veero. Thought it was me for a bit.
    Il be calling them tomoz.

Just strange know ones mentioned it before and why the dealers and stealers provide the wrong part when given the reg.
    As i went on gsf to see which one they supplied,which was the wrong one for my (our) motor
    A4 avant b6.1.9 avf 6 speed. Bv43 turbo.uprated fmic. KRAPtuning custom map. Powerflow straight through twin pipes. Allard delete kit. Boost,egt, + voltage gauges. Ball,spring boost controller. Fk silversport coilovers. 312mm brake upgrade. B7 multifunc steering wheel. Full dis. Cruise control. Auto locks. Rs4 rear bumper. Full rs4 grills. Drls + hids. 10inch custom sub + amp. Rear parking sensors. Leds everywhere. Parrotkit full speaker streaming. silver 4d carbon interior.never ending...

different gear

Status
    Phoned tps,one a load on back order!
    So went with audi,told them the situation and gave him the part no on my old unit.
    He was sure it will be the correct part like for like.

Audi phoned this morning saying my parts in. I asked him to describe it being the long or short version!
    "long barrel then thread"
    Nooooo thats not the part i need,i said its like i need the barrel cut off so its an instand thread,to screw on!

Hes going to speak to audi technical to find out more about this....?

1st Gear

Status
    That's weird that Audi got it wrong too. Maybe that explains why GSF and ECP were wrong. TPS were definitely right though, topped the AC up at work and it's nice and chilly. How long would it be from TPS?
    2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T S-Line

different gear

Status
    About a week. Il order with them guys i think. Glad ur ac is working. Just hopes its this after all...

different gear

Status
    Those with the shorter pressure sensor...
    R30 959 126
    Trying to get one is another story!

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi mate I just googled that part no and nothing so I changed the first two no's with 8eo and I'm getting loads on the ac sensor but they all seem to have a letter a b or c on the end?

different gear

Status

3rd Gear

Status
    Ah that's better u had the first two digits wrong way round!
    cheers pal

different gear

Status
    Well went in to crawley audi and asked for 3r0 959 126...
    In stock at £60. :-)

Fitted. Still hot air and light wont turn off (econ) :-(

Whats nxt???

Mgt try regas again. 3rd time lucky

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by deano1978 View Post
    Well went in to crawley audi and asked for 3r0 959 126...
    In stock at £60. :-)

Fitted. Still hot air and light wont turn off (econ) :-(

Whats nxt???

Mgt try regas again. 3rd time lucky
    Hi, I'm having the same problem you had with trying to source the correct sensor. I noticed you went for the 3R0 959 126 in the end which I am lead to believe superseded the 8E0 959 126. Looking at 3R0 959 126 it still looks different to the 8E0 959 126. Can you confirm that this still fits okay?

Cheers,

Phil

different gear

Status
    Yes it fitted but my econ still hasnt gone out!
    Gave up.

1st Gear

Status
    Hey Deano

Have you re-gassed your air-con after replacing the sensor? You shouldn't have lost much gas but maybe it's low now?
    I snapped the thread off of the air-con condenser at the end of last year, all of the gas escaped and I'd left it like that for now. I'm probably going to miss the air-con later this year but it can wait for now!

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by MooLard View Post
    I snapped the thread off of the air-con condenser at the end of last year, all of the gas escaped and I'd left it like that for now. I'm probably going to miss the air-con later this year but it can wait for now!
    I have the condensor available off my 2.5TDi - I imagine they're all the same. It's a pattern part I bought about two years go but it's exactly the same as the oem one that came off. PM me if you're interested in it.

Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

different gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MooLard View Post
    Hey Deano

Have you re-gassed your air-con after replacing the sensor? You shouldn't have lost much gas but maybe it's low now?
    Not yet,as you il wait till the warm weather comes (please hurry)
    ;-)