Will these alloys fit?

As Paul said, offset too low by about 10mm, and the tyres are far too wide which in turn makes the profile of the tyre too big as well.

Ok thanks guys, what would be the lowest ET that would look ok / in line without sticking out.

Thanks

It all depends on the look you're after and suspension and wheel width etc.

Most people run an 8-8.5J wheel and I'd suggest you could probably go to 28-30 before it started to be impractical.

Thanks guys, would these figures change for 19 inch alloys. If im gonna change it would be for 19's. I dont feel my 7 arm B7 RS4 style 18's look that good in the arch.

It depends on how wide the wheels are. I run 2 sets of 19's my RS6's are only 8" wide and have an ET of 30 which is pretty much flush with the arch, my BBS LM'S are 9.5" with an ET 35 but these poke out of the rear arches

Reactions: rjm180
These could work with a stretch on the tyre using a 235/35/19 tyre all round but would have some extreme poke and stretch especially fronts, I run a 9.5x19 et40 with a 265/30/19 rear which is quite near flush on the rear arch. The rs5 wheel using a 235 would sit a further 10mm outboard to how my rears sit and the stretched tyre would give nearly enough arch clearance but no loads

depends how you like the stance of your car really

Thanks, I am looking at set at the moment which are 19 inch and ET 35 and 9J x 19H2 and afaik the other measurements are ok. They are RS 6 5 arm. Will these fit and what tyre would be ok for them.

Thanks,

Gents, Will Genuine RS6 alloys from a C5 RS6 fit a B6 S4 cab.

Thanks

ET 35 with 9j x 19H2. The thing is the RS6 has huge flared arches and my B6 S4 doesn't so I'm just not sure.

Don't forget that the ET35 'rule' for a B6 applies to an 8J wheel.

I'm reasonably happy these would fit, however a 9J wheel is obviously an inch (25mm) or 12.5mm each side wider than an 8J wheel. So in effect, this would reduce the ET35 to ET22.5 which would I think stick out of your arches more than is desirable. I think that unless you can have a trial fit it would be a bit risky. There are enough 18/19 8J RS6 style wheels about which would I think be a safer bet.

Reactions: pauldazzle and rjm180
Ok thanks. As I have no way of trying out and it was buying off the net I will give these a miss. As you have said James can you really get the RS6 style 5 arm alloys in 19 and 8.5? I used to have 18's in this style and still like the look of them but now I want them in 19.

Thanks

The rears would be perfect but the fronts might catch, my 9.5" rears are ET 35 they give a nice bit of poke but cause no rubbing issues. I'm in the process of sorting out another set of wheels that are 19" x 9" all round, I'm going for ET 35 at the rear but need to check the fronts when my adapters finally arrive, I think ET 35 is gonna be too low so it will be more like ET 40. Hopefully they will be here next week so I can let you know

This is what 19" x 8" RS6's with an ET 30 look like, just to give you an idea

Thanks :), it's on coilovers at the moment. Those wheels will fit fine, you might need spacers to get them a bit closer to the arch but that just depends what your after, tuck or poke? I dont know about the centre bore on these wheels but a set of spigot ring can be bought for less than £5 so don't let that put you off

Thanks James, bit confused now though mate as in post 18 you weren't sure if those ones would fit but I think they have the same dimensions. 19 x 9J, you prob weren't aware of that.

Do you still think they will fit now you know they are 19 x9J

Thanks in advance and apologies if I am going over old ground, I don't really get all these dimensions and whether they fit etc.

I just bluff it mate :unsure:

In seriousness, I wasn't fully sure at the time how a 9J wheel would fit (look..) at ET35, but since then I've seen Pabs's car and how his 9.5J ET35's sit in the rear so can say with confidence 9J ET35 would be fine.

Reactions: rjm180 and Pabs
These wheels will fit fine, my RS6's are reps as they are only 8" wide and have a funny ET. Check the tyres the max you want is 235 35 19. I had a genuine one as a spare but the tyre was too big it was 255 and wouldn't fit in the spare wheel well and the tyre rubbed as the side wall was too big/ thick.

Thanks Gents, the tyres are 255 35 19. Are we saying the alloys would fit but shod with this tyre combo they won't. Not knowing about this subject, can you put 235 35 19's on 19x9J rims

Thanks

Ok, have dug a bit further. If 255's dont fit and the max the B6 can take is 235, I have looked at the tyres available in 235 35 19 and the highest load rating seems to be 91 xl. I know my 18's on the car now are 95Y XL and im pretty sure this is OE spec so that means that 235's arent going to be rated high enough. Therefore 235's and 255's are both no good. Should I give up on 9J's then and try to source 8.5J's maybe.

235 35 19's are fine on 9" wide wheels I run them on my 9.5" wide.

Ok thanks Gents. Still unsure. What about 19 x 8.5J with 255 35 19 but with an ET of 48, will they fit? With 255's at least I can get the correct load rating for the cab which is 95 cos its a heavy car.

Thanks in advance

I can't say for certain, but at ET48 and 255 section tyres I think you'd have issues.

Thanks James. Back to the drawing board then.

Is your car lowered rjm180. If its on standard suspension you should be ok with a 255 tyre, on mine because it is lowered a 255 would be too big, plus I prefer the look of a lower profile tyre. Can you get to the place selling the wheels and try one out.

Well guys I may aswell ask the ones in the know while I'm on the subject. I'm running 19" wheels at 8.5j and an offset of st 45 I'm practically just about to commit to buy some 15mm spacers for all four corners. My tyre size is 235 35 19 at the moment and I'm pretty hard slammed tucking about half of my front tyre and rears lol but to throw a curve ball in I also have some b5 s4 callipers to bolt on upfront and I'm pretty sure I need to be at Et so 35 Sonics been told. Can some one please advise me at what size spacers I ideally need many thanks Dale

15mm spacers would be too much, the wheels will poke out the arch and if it's slammed you will catch the arch, my LM's are staggered 8.5 ET 35 front and 9.5 ET 35 rear I would say 5mm or 10mm max is all you need