Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Will these alloys fit?

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply Pabs I'll go for 10mm now that should take it to st35 I need for my s4 callipers to fit. I will het them ordered up in the morn now .

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    Is your car lowered rjm180. If its on standard suspension you should be ok with a 255 tyre, on mine because it is lowered a 255 would be too big, plus I prefer the look of a lower profile tyre. Can you get to the place selling the wheels and try one out.
    Ok thanks very much Pabs.

My car is of stock S4 height, ride, suspension.

I have 235 40 18's on it at the moment as standard.

With stock suspension etc, is a 255 35 19 tyre going to fit ok and will this depend on the ET rating? If so what ET will work with the 255 tyre?

I want to use a 255 tyre as they are available with at least the correct load rating for my car, 95y XL.

Will a 9J size alloy fit my car ok or does it have to be a maxinum of 8.5J with the 255 tyre. I'm happy with 8.5J anyway but more choice if 9J is suitable.

Pabs, when you say your spare would not fit in the spare wheel well, would a 255 35 19 on a 8.5 j and a 255 on a 9J fit ok.

Lastly, i dont really want to use spacers as ive heard a few negative things about them but i may have to use spigot rings as the centre bore sizes seem to be different. Are spigot rings in general safe to use and if Audi did work on the car are they ok to refit wheels that have spigot rings or would they frown and not go near them.

Aplogies for so many questions that have probalby been covered a million times before.

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by rjm180; 9th September 2013 at 12:53.
    B6 S4 4.2L V8 Cabriolet Black Manual Quad Milltek Non Res

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the reply it's a good job this post popped up in time. I sacked off the company that I was going tonpurchase my spacers from as they could only offer universal 10mm spacers as a kit it's a shame as they were a great price for 15mm with bolts about £45 delivered per pair. Where are people getting their spacers from I've only looked on eBay and also will I need extended bolts with 10 mm spacers and if so what length thanks Dale.

2nd Gear

Status
    Pabs, any thoughts mate.

3rd Gear

Status
    I think a stock S4 is the same height as sport/sline so 20mm lower than se, you should be ok,

A 9j wheel or a 8.5j wheel will work with that tyre and should not cause you any problems, on the genuine wheels the offset is quite high usually 40-45 but 35 would be a minimum.

Spigot rings are perfectly fine I use them on my LM's they just allow you wheels to sit perfectly on your hub, no garage would have a problem with them, mine has been in to Audi and they have always done the work and put the wheels back on ok

The genuine RS6 wheel I bought was 9j and I think had a high offset possibly 45 but I can't remember, it had a huge tyre though 255 55 19, the tyre and sidewall were too big to work on mine because it is quite low and too wide to fit in the wheel well, due to the size of the sidewall. Your best bet would be to try and find a wheel and tyre to try on your car and see if it works as those 255 35 19 tyres are not cheap
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks Pabs, good advice I'll look into it.

Might pm you with some more questions if that's ok

Cheers

Reverse Gear

Status
    Will 9j et52 fit all round? Thanks

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Unlikely, ET52 will rub on the inside with a 9J wheel I would think. You'd want probably 20mm spacers.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I found this to be useful when trying to work out what would fit and what wouldn't:

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12