quattro exhaust on fwd

rob0904

Reaction score
Hi, as the title says. Will a quattro exhaust fit on a fwd a4, I know they are routed different because of the prop and reward drive shafts but is the floor pan the same? So it could hang as if its the car was a quattro?

Rob

As far as I am aware the Quattro floor pan and the FWD floor pan are the same. The exhaust should fit. The rear hangers are bolt on so you may need to get the offside rear silencer hanger and bolt it on.

Thanks I might take a punt on getting an s4 exhaust on my 190 avant. Just need to make an adapter pipe to connect to the downpipe.

This must of been done but I've searched and can't find a proper answer.

Rob

well i was told a fwd system wouldn't fit a quattro due to the route it takes and the way the exhaust is made to clear the diffs and propshaft.

so i presume it wouldn't work the other way round?

From what little i be able to find quattro exhaust on fwd should fit but not fwd exhaust on a quattro.

Does anyone know the size of the s4 exhaust tail pipe tips?

Thanks I might take a punt on getting an s4 exhaust on my 190 avant. Just need to make an adapter pipe to connect to the downpipe.

This must of been done but I've searched and can't find a proper answer.

Rob

Whilst i think you could prosibly fit a Quattro exhaust i think you might have problems with one from an RS4 ... i'm guessing your thinking of the second hand one thats on eBay at the mo ???..... i'm not 100% sure but i'm guessing with the RS4 being a V8 that it's exhaust is 2 seperate pipes , one for each side of the V where as a normal Quattro one is a single pipe that gets spit into 2 tailpipes further down the system

Yeah an s4 system is just down the road from me. I was thinking of making some kind of Y piece to connect to the downpipe. The s4 system would have a greater Id, so I would to make a reducer too. If I can get the exhaust for pennies got to be worth a play or just cut the tips of to fill the valance better.

Doesn't look like many have tried it and if they have they've never posted too much about it.

Rob

Well if you have the skills to manufacture a Y piece then maybe it's possible..... there's a cat back RS4 system on eBay at the mo for £75 which if it isn't a Typo seems very reasonable to me.... it's a tempting proposition

How much does the quattro exhaust sit under the car? Do you know the sizes of the 1.8t downpipe and the sizes of the 2 exhaust pipes that mate to the s4 downpipes.

Rob