g65 thrust (pressure) sensor. air con

deano1978

different gear
Reaction score
Been kwick fit twice now to sort my air con,with recharges.

6 months ago i had a noise which turned out to be some sort of bearing or clutch,relating to the aircon pulley.
All air con gas was released. Had the pulley replaced,noise gone.

So now im trying to regas. Kwick fit didnt detect any leaks? But temp didnt drop. He said come back nxt week after driving around.
Returned only for same result??

The econ wont turn off and this has only just started,cld be related to the g65 not working (thrust pressure sensor)

So is it this the fault that cld stop the cool air?

Strange thing is 1st trip to kwic fit, econ turned off. No cold air.
so not sure if its the sensor????

It certainly could be that at fault, a VCDS scan would confirm it. They're not that expensive, but obviously it's a pressurised system.

Yes ive heard its cheap from the stealers £30-£40.
Its a valve system i beleive,so pressure should stay.

Hmmm, I undid mine a bit to clean the connections and there was a hiss, and green gas came out before I wound it back in quickly!

EDIT: you're right though, I have read on here that you can replace it and not lose pressure, maybe if I had held my nerve I'd have been ok!

Last edited:
I did mine a while ago, you can release it no problem and wind the new one in without loosing your gas, but as air con is a sealed system if you need a re-gas, you have a leak,( after all how often do you re-gas your domestic fridge) i think from memory Audi reccomend you change the gas after 8 years as it can become stale.
Just be sure when getting it re-charged the machine does a complete recycle and not just add more gas ( you can do that yourself with a can from halfords).

Yes ive heard its cheap from the stealers £30-£40.
Its a valve system i beleive,so pressure should stay.

I got a quote for £51.43 with Stoke Audi so if you can find a genuine one for cheaper please let me know.

Ha. I wish.
I must of read an old post for that quote!

My local audi is roughly the same as yours

Update...
This is what came
2013 07 21 152951

it is the wrong size but my model and engine and year says it fits?

I need something more like this
SC20130721 152929

waited all week for this :-(

Hi mate have u tried fitting it?
when I went to tps the other day the guy said the part no had been changed according to his ekta,we couldn't check the part as he had 6 back ordered from vw Germany!
He said they was £51 so I ordered one from gsf for £35 just waiting for it now but if it screws on and plugs in I can't see it being a problem as its only a pressure sensor, I can't compare mine anyway as its missing since I bought the car lol!

Hi mate have u tried fitting it?
when I went to tps the other day the guy said the part no had been changed according to his ekta,we couldn't check the part as he had 6 back ordered from vw Germany!
He said they was £51 so I ordered one from gsf for £35 just waiting for it now but if it screws on and plugs in I can't see it being a problem as its only a pressure sensor, I can't compare mine anyway as its missing since I bought the car lol!

There are two types,one threads straight on,no shaft
before the thread.
The other has a hexagen body and the thread is passed it.

So
if you look yor valve u can tell which one you need.
Mines just a thread so need the short sensor.
If yours has a long metal stem then the thread you need the longer sensor.

Hope im clear on this matter.

Cheers for that pal, as my g65 is missing for some reason which I'll probably find out when I've fitted the new sensor and regassed! I'll check the connection on the side of the condenser tomorrow but I think it's the short one from this pic-
im also missing the centre valve too out of my condenser which is pretty strange, I'm just hoping Somone removed it due to my car having had a front end repaint and someone's just drained the ac out of the system but I'm suspecting more likely another fault like compressor,wiring or leak somewhere!!!
when gsf come back to me I'll ask him to see if its a stubby rather than long sensor but he said going off reg it should fit?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 751
Put my reg in gsf and it says the correct part is the long one!
Which it isnt! Short one for me and they dont do it.
Hard to tell from photo but it mgt look like the short sensor as i cant really see a long valve on it.

Yeah just seen your other post pal, I've got one on back order with tps at the mo as they have 6 they're waiting for!
but he told me it was £51 plus vat whereas I've read a few peeps on here only paid £35-40!
dont think I'll be getting the one from gsf either but there's a few on eBay but have a letter a b or c at the end and are listed for later models so not sure if they'll fit!