TT Airbag on an A4 Steering Wheel

docurley

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.co.uk
Well I'd seen one on a US car but the guy would never say how he fitted it so I bought a TT steering wheel ok I bought two because there are two types and it was a straight swap over for the airbag.

Two screws on the back prise the clip of the airbag from the A4 plug in the clip to the TT air bag tighten screws and hay presto.

20130711_142135.jpg
20130711_143226.jpg

Really simple job with no airbag light and it took 15-20 minutes to do, not quite as nice as a B7 flat steering wheel but I do think it's a nice addition and cheap; this only cost me £45 plus I get to sell my airbag so I should break even I hope.

Last edited:
would the TT steering wheel fit? Is it a nicer wheel than the standard boring one?

Anyone know what other wheels fit?

I have a spare steering wheel complete on ebay if your looking to install the whole wheel and I would say it would be a straight swap but I can look at mine and confirm.

There are two types of TT Mrk I wheels and the difference is the airbag which in tern would make the steering wheel different, but knowing Audi the mounting would be the same.

I have a spare steering wheel complete on ebay if your looking to install the whole wheel and I would say it would be a straight swap but I can look at mine and confirm.

There are two types of TT Mrk I wheels and the difference is the airbag which in tern would make the steering wheel different, but knowing Audi the mounting would be the same.

have you got a link?