soft top light flashing 10 times

namskis

Reaction score
hi, i need some help here. here it goes... soft top was down and when i wanted to put it back my mate sat on the soft top cover when it started to open... and after that it wont work properly. i tried to reset manually by opening and closing the top. but the light is still flashing 10 times. and when the top is up, when y try to bring it down cover goes up and then slowly goes down and top opens only 20%. when the top is down. the cover goes up top moves a little bit but it wont come out from the boot and the cover slowly goes down again. i dont think my mate could brake anything because all mechanism working fine. any ideas? could take a video and show you if anyone is willing to help. (sorry for my english)

if a manual open / close hasn't fixed it then you need to get the fault codes read via VCDS to understand where the fault is..

iv got the obdII cable and i tried to connect it with two different softwares EasyObdII and ScanTool but it wont connect. and i cnt get the error codes.

as above if you have done the reset you really do need VCDS to see what the sensors are doing

try the reset again tho sometimes takes more that 1 try

on a side note i wouldnt let that so called mate near my car again

I did tried to reset more than once, but its still the same. Ill get it scanned n ill let u know the codes.

if no codes are stored even if they are
look at measuring blocks for sensors

Need to scan it really. It's is very likely to be a micro switch or potentiometer that's throwing up a fault code. Google brings back plenty of options but without a scan you won't know for sure.

if i scan and reset it would that fix the problem?