are there different head light switches and help with rear bench. avant

tweed

Reaction score
So been told headlight switch or brake light switch can be course of my problems.
Ive bought two genuine headlight switches and they both constantly have lights on even in off position.
So are there different types? Part numbers are they same.
Im going to get brake light now to see if that helps.

Also I have a amp wiring kit in the car. I have power cable but cant find the remote. I have the remote in back of stereo but its not down the side with power cable. I think its under the rear seats but cant get them up. How do I do that?

Its a 2.0 petrol avant

from the front edge of the rear seat go to in front of the passenger side and pull upwards really hard
same on drivers side
there are some small plastic clips which sometimes break but are only a few pence to replace from audi

Light switch stays illuminated on off

diffrent switches make sure the end prefix is the same as your own
what problem do you have
the brake light switch if no good will either keep the nrake lights on or wont work at all

Cheers for help
brakes lights work fine with light switch on off position but when I brake the driver side side light comes on.
with side lights on and main beam on, the brake lights will constantly be on. Oressing brake pedal then does nothing, maybe the brake lights get tiny bit brighter.

When I disconnect the rear lights the centre boot brake light then works as normal when headlights are turned on. Only coming on when brake pedal is pressed. Soon as I connect the rear lights, with heads lights on all brake lights constantly on again.
Hope that makes sense.
could it be bad earth too?

it could be a wireing problem yes
have you had it scanned for fault codes ?
it could be the central electrics modual

Ill get it scanned then post up codes.
Engine light is on and previous owner changed a lot of parts to get rid of it but no joy. Car runs sweet. He done coils, lambda sensors, breather pipes, few sensors. Each time the car got plugged in so wasnt just hit and miss.