New 710N Diverter Installed, now stuttering and running badly

Christophano

Reaction score
Hey all,

Got a bit tired of my Forge Splitter so bought a 710n diverter, installed it today and it doesn't seem to want to boost properly now, getting either out of puff at around 4000rpm or sometimes juddering and hesitating. Generally seems like it's not running that well once it goes over 2500rpm.

I tried messing around with the vacuum hose on the top and running it in reverse too. Next step it to get the forge back on to make sure it's the diverter.

Just wanted to check to see what you guys thought? Maybe a faulty diverter?

Sure you put it on the right way round and not in reverse, as it would be holding pressure on the wrong hose.....easy mistake.

Reactions: Christophano
Easy to check the 710N DV. Remove it push & hold the piston up & then put a finger over the small pipe on the top of the DV. Release the piston & it should stay in position until you remove your finger off the top. If it drops down the seal is goosed.

Easy to check the 710N DV. Remove it push & hold the piston up & then put a finger over the small pipe on the top of the DV. Release the piston & it should stay in position until you remove your finger off the top. If it drops down the seal is goosed.

Cheers for that, I've just checked it and it seems fine.

Just also put the forge back in and it's not running the same way as it did. I wonder whether changing the valve other has messed up something like the N75? As far as I can tell it's never been changed.

A new thing it's doing is when you give it partial boost and let off between 2500-4000rpm it makes a weird stutter/judder.

So it's not the 710N, what the ****** hell is it? LOL!

Check the pipe work again for splits. The small pipe to the top of the DV is particularily prone to splitting.

You must has disturbed a hose. Have you plugged in VSDS for errors and/or run a log?

You must has disturbed a hose. Have you plugged in VSDS for errors and/or run a log?

I have a feeling you're right about the hose. It felt like there was constantly no boost on the way to work this morning. I don't have any fancy kit, what would you recommend?

Check all hoses for cracks/splits, make sure the clamps are on but not too tight to cut the hose and finally check the whole area where you were working for any abnormalities

I have a feeling you're right about the hose. It felt like there was constantly no boost on the way to work this morning. I don't have any fancy kit, what would you recommend?

Sounds like you have a boost leak or the ECU has gone into limp mode. In view ofthe problem appearing after changing the DV I would assume you have a split or unsecured pipe somewhere.
I suggest you buy an OBII cable off fleabay & download VCDS Lite (free) from the Rosstech site. Registering VCDS ($99) will open up most of the features & give you some technical support too. I bought & registered my cable a few years ago, & it has paid for itself many times over as a main dealer will charge about £80 for diagnostic.

Reactions: Christophano
I took everything apart, checked and cleaned the piping and put it all back together, resetting the ECU. This seems to have sorted it. Lets hope it's solved it for good. Had a little hiccup on the way back from the test, not sure whether this was because I had cleaned a few bits out with carb cleaner.

Cheers for your advice guys.