1.9TDI MPG?

JamieA4

Reaction score
Hi I'm just wondering what should be about average mpg? Driving at 70 in 5th gear I'm lucky to see 50mpg does this sound about right or do I need to get it looked at

Nowt wrong with that! If you want an accurate figure then calculate it on tank fill ups and don't believe the dis.

Reactions: WOLF
FIFTY EIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WTF!? Need to post more than that haha share some tips :rolleyes:

On an economical day early fifty's for me, usually mid to lower forty's though.

I always see over 50mpg and 700+ miles to a full tank

58?? fully loaded!! is that by the DIS or tank to tank!

I have just done a run fully loaded and pulling a bike trailer with bike! I got 48mpg......thats tank to tank

on average mine does 48mpg on an 8 mile run to work and back everyday and running round town

on a run sticking to limits or a little less I can easily get 62!!

Can't seem to crack the 40 's in our avant. But it mainly sits in traffic so I'm not totally surprised.

Our golf does 44mpg on a mixed run to work everyday which I'm happy with.

2 mile school run every day in moderate weather 42mpg, winter drops right down to 34-35mpg.
did my first long run from manchester to silverstone this weekend and was doing between 70-85 in fast lane most of the way with a little light traffic near the circuit and managed to get 48mpg, reckon if i really cruised and kept it at 70 i'd easily crack 50's!

Hmm so it looks like mine is just about right then

Yeah 50mpg at 70mph is about right, mines lower but there's always some clever **** in a bag of crap trying to race

mines lower but there's always some clever **** in a bag of crap trying to race

see this is the bit I dont get!

the missus drives like miss daisy and I drive it like I stole it! guess who gets better MPG?

yup me!! figure that out lol

Not an A4 but passat 1.9 130 saloon 2 up full tank plus camping gear to germany 47mpg, coming back same plus 4 crates of beer and one of fizzy orange (don't ask!) 51mpg, me in it easily 52 -55

I managed to hit just over 60mpg on a drive from Barnstaple to Warwick last week (186 miles) that was cruising at 70mph. Two up and a 7 month old baby. This is after the Blacksmoke remap. Before the same journey I could average around 56mpg at a squeeze.

My avant is averaging 36MPG! Not very good at all :( That's using Fuelly App tank to tank!

Something not right there! I'd be checking the fuel lines for signs of leaks and some VCDS logs on fuel injection quantity, injectors, etc. Can you smell diesel around the car or in the engine bay when it's been sat a while?

Ive recently had the injectors out, cleaned and tested and new seals....

Need to Vag com and run some tests... what blocks should I be measuring?

I forgot to say its an Avant Quattro! I also have some roof bars on at the moment and do a lot of shortish journeys!

Ive recently had the injectors out, cleaned and tested and new seals....

Need to Vag com and run some tests... what blocks should I be measuring?

I forgot to say its an Avant Quattro! I also have some roof bars on at the moment and do a lot of shortish journeys!

Missed the quattro bit in your sig and short journeys defo don't help. Kinda rules out your injectors then, assuming the have been refitted correctly. Maybe a sticky brake?