What size is the oil filter cap?

mattyb6

Reaction score
Need to change my oil filter, but its stuck solid. Tried grips, stilsons, all sorts.
i have access to the big socket type oil filter tool. But one is missing and that's the one I need. Does anyone know the size in MM?

il Jst order one from the bay.

23mm is not right mate. Mine is a 1.9 pd130. They between 60-80mm roughly.
Unless your mistaken for something else, I'm talking about the big plastic nut that's on top of the housing of the oil filter.
Il pop to a motor factors tomorrow and ask to try one

It's 32mm then. Lol
I bought a socket especially for it. Mines definitely not over 50mm.

I'm confusing things now sorry.

I do remember my fabia vrs pd1.9 oil filter cap being 76mm though if that helps!

Last edited:
Hmm interesting kriss. I think il just have to go outside and actually measure it and stop being lazy haha

Seems you have a retro-fit oil filter housing cap, Kris. The 2.5 TDI has a smaller 'nut' on top

KGrHqNHJBcE8e2f4h9FBPIJIg1VQ60 12

Whereas the 1.9 TDI doesn't

KGrHqRpgE vtFZev8BP9tPcm8w60 35

Get it on your mods list!!!!

I just went out, and had a total brain fail. Took a tape measure outside, popped the bonnet and realised its under the engine cover :p
ooops.
Il just wait til tomorrow

I just went out, and had a total brain fail. Took a tape measure outside, popped the bonnet and realised its under the engine cover :p
ooops.
Il just wait til tomorrow

Classic!!! :laugh:

Reactions: mattyb6
I'll stick with the 2.5 cap I think, much easier to take off when you got the socket! Lol

I also went out to take a pic in the rain and forgot about engine cover. Doh

Mine was same when i first took it off put a little heat over the lil ******* and it came off with a big industrial grip style tool used to do up mains gas joints

Mine was same when i first took it off put a little heat over the lil ******* and it came off with a big industrial grip style tool used to do up mains gas joints
What did you heat it up with mate?

just a heat gun?