Upper shocker bolts

mattyb6

Reaction score
When I had my coilovers fitted, the rear shock absorber bolts went in fine. But the one of the top ones snapped inside the hole.
Just recently this has caused a really bad knocking where the top mount is spinning round and hitting the inner wheel arch.

ha anyone had one of these bolts snap and of so how did there fix it?

i think il have to drill it out and re tap the hole

Sounds a bit dangerous, having the top mount only secured with one bolt!?!? Fair bit of movement there!

Defo a big enough diameter on the bolt to get an Ezy-Out kit in there...saves re-tapping then. Part number for the bolt is 907 583 01, £1.17 each +VAT.

Its fairly secure on all fairness but it does new doing.
What is an Ezy out kit?
And do you think it will be pain in the backside?
Il pop to the dealers and get a new bolt.

Canny bit if of kit that like mate, and for £8 is worth it for the future.
the bolt is fine I believe.

Well it's getting full new arms this weekend and rs4 ARB so il get this done too.

cheers fella

Won't be the best out there but should suffice for the home mechanic.

Good mod the RS4 ARB. Stops my Avant cornering like a canal barge! :yes:

Hahaha.

mines getting some tlc this weekend. Feeling sorry for itself.
tbh I either do 17mile trip on a motorway twice a day. So rs4 ARB is pointless. BUT I can go a different way, through country lanes and old pit villages. Which as you probably know can be a bit fun to drive ;) (told our lass I need it though)

Reactions: swarcup and Audi Doodah
Prices are £100 plus brackets etc
plus £300 plus vat for control arms.
Going to be an expensive day tomorrow.

You can put a nut over the top weld in the centre of it to the broken bolt then undo with a socket bit over top once cold

You can put a nut over the top weld in the centre of it to the broken bolt then undo with a socket bit over top once cold
Never thought of that. Il take the shocker off and have a good look