headlight bulb change info reqired asap

jackster

Reaction score
Website
vf
i need info on the bulb change on my 130tdi 2001 plated 51 as the bulb has blown and i have looked to take the headlight out but have not got a clue how to , can someone give me instructions please asap thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Headlight removal. Only fours screws and one connector. Should take you about 20 mins to do the whole job.

Take a look at this : HERE

Did this just this week on identical car. You don't have to remove the headlight. Depending on which side, the drivers side you can get to it by removing the airbox and the air intake. Passenger side is a bit more difficult but can be done by unclipping the 2 wiring looms that obstruct the dipped beam lights and then you can unclip the back and just about get a hand in to unplug and replace the bulb. I did find on both lights the plug is very stubborn and takes lots of wiggling.
Absolutely ridiculous that the manual states it should only be done at a dealer. £40 to change a headlight bulb - no thanks Audi.

I did mine just a couple of days ago as it happens on a 130tdi.
Removed airbox intake then removed 2 screws (funny star shaped ones) on the top of the headlamp. Then loosened (LOOSENED) two of the same kind of bolts at the rear and slid the headlight unit forward. There is a large clip at the back of the unit which u can flick and the back comes off. Bulb is in there.

Boomshanka, easy! But took me about 45 minutes ..... mainly cos I was careful about scuffing the bumper. I popped a rag under the light in the end.