windows found open? very strange!

cnpaterson

Reaction score
Heres a weird one!

Wife parked avant tdi '02 at work and locked the car as normal with the key fob. When she went out to the car at lunch time both front windows were open, (se model only has elec front windows). This has never happened before and has not done it since. Does anyone know what could have caused this? Obviously don't want it happening when its pouring rain or when an opportunist thief is passing.

This happened to me last year, then the alarm started to play up, it turned out to be the central convenience module gone faulty.

This has happened to me once also - and in the rain! I hasn't happened since.

Do you know that if you hold down the lock or unlock buttons it puts the windows up or down - I guess it's possible to do this my mistake in your pocket or bag.

Happened to me yesterday on my B6 Avant, only halfway down though, never happened before

Could your other half had sat on the remote. If you hold the unlock button down long enough it operates the electric windows

I did this once too, came out to the car in the morning and the inside was soaked. The range on the rmeote is stupid, my remote works from around 15 to 25 meters usually or if there are no buildings around it's about 50 meters. Why would you ever want that kind of range Audi???

[ QUOTE ]
I did this once too, came out to the car in the morning and the inside was soaked. The range on the rmeote is stupid, my remote works from around 15 to 25 meters usually or if there are no buildings around it's about 50 meters. Why would you ever want that kind of range Audi???

[/ QUOTE ]

Same reason we have open windows on remote, it's simple to fix, just ask the dealer to turn it off.

The op's problem could be a faulty convienence module, have a look around the forums there is loads of evidence this unit causes the windows to open on there own, and it is also pretty damn hard to accidently open the windows on a Audi, you have to hold the open door switch for over 3 secs, and then if the signal is lost it reverts to another 3 secs, this is why it is hard to open your windows from a distance, unless you hold the keyfob to your chin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Try it, you will be surprised how hard it is to open your windows, unless you are standing near your car.

Also if you accidentally unlock and roll the windows down, don't they roll back up if the door isn't opened within a set time, or is that just the central locking?