correct oil please?

s-line style

Reaction score
just bought some Castrol edge 5-30 is this the right one for a 54 plate 1.8t a4 just hearing different people saying different ones and want to be sure coz there loads more then I can remember

says 5-30 there too a went on Castrol site and they said that too (should of thought of that before a made thread) but still wanted to be sure as people on here will know and have same engine ect

The spec / rating of the oil is the most important part. I can't remember what rating oil Audi are using for long life services. I think the service guy told me 508 when I visited to pick up a brake light switch. Our manuals for a B6 state 503 00 or 503 01. As long as the spec / rating is a higher number than this and the oil is *-30 you're good to go. I put a * as it wont really matter if this value is 0 or 5. The 0 one will just be a bit thinner on cold winter days at start up.

That oil will be fine, though i choose 5w40 in mine

it was 5-40 not 30 but am guessing it'll be fine and you use it in yours so am all good cheers for help glad no one said the one ive getting is bad coz its in now

i use 5w40 in both my 130 diesel and 1.8t 190 q, both cars run well