Chris NottVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

anyone got an avant with space saver spare?

My car by the previous owner has been fitted with S4 alloys and in the boot they have put a space saver spare. So far I have the insert which sits in the wheel but am missing other bits has anyone got a pic of what they have I can compare to?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    Sorry no photo but i have a full size spare alloy 17inch and there is a tool kit in the well on the left and the jack to the right
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

5th Gear

Status
    I have a full size brand new 17" sport alloy and tyre in mine.
    Last edited by Mike.M; 21st June 2013 at 13:36.
    Mike

5th Gear

Status
    Just looked at the brochure and standard equipment on the A4 is a "full sized spare wheel" for all models except for the 1.8T S-Line and cars that were ordered with 18's from factory.....these came with a space saver.

There was also no charge if you wanted a space saver at ordering too...........all models
    Mike

1st Gear

Status
    The car by the chassis number and PR codes was fitted from the factory with the 5 spoke 17"s and a full size spare alloy. The previous owner also had an S4 which he had tuned up and fitted bigger brakes too but the factory S4 18"s didn't fit over the brakes so fitted them to his other car, which is the one I brought off him.

In the car when I got it was the space saver spare, the tool kit and the jack in the two side pods. I have purchased the foam insert for the spare but have from looking at ETKA seen I need a foam insert which sit's under the wheel first against the boot floor. All I am trying to find out now is if the cover over it all is the same as a the one for a full size alloy spare as the part numbers are pretty much identical besides one has a B on the end which indicates a supersession so just trying to find out what the differences are.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.M View Post
    Just looked at the brochure and standard equipment on the A4 is a "full sized spare wheel" for all models except for the 1.8T S-Line and cars that were ordered with 18's from factory.....these came with a space saver.

There was also no charge if you wanted a space saver at ordering too...........all models
    Hmmm might try to find some 1.8T S-Line avants then see what the difference is.

2nd Gear

Status
    Our 1.8T sline quattro with factory 18's and space saver spare has the following part no as the cover over the whole lot 8E9 863 547 B just been and checked for you

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian2012 View Post
    Our 1.8T sline quattro with factory 18's and space saver spare has the following part no as the cover over the whole lot 8E9 863 547 B just been and checked for you
    Thank you for looking for me. If at all possible could you get a picture of both sides of the cover for me? My cover has the same part no but without the B on the end so I want to compare to see what the difference is. Many thanks if you can.