18" alloys on '02 Avant se.

cnpaterson

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a set of 18" RS6 reps for my A4 avant se. My car is fitted with the standard se suspension and was wondering if the 18" wheels will look good on it without having to alter the suspension. Does anyone have any photos of their car with this set up?

I was also wondeing if anyone could recommend where I should look to buy the alloy/tyre package.

Thanks

If you send me your e-mail address I can send you pictures of 18" RS4's on an a se salloon. Can't up load pics onto forumn for some strange reason.

i have 19s on a sport, but its been lowered.

my mate has a B5 2.5 tdi SE saloon with 18" RS6 reps on it, and the gap is massive, it rides far too high /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

probably worth spending a ton on some lowering springs too i guess. Its the price you pay for having DIS i suppose /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will changing the springs make much difference to the comfort of the ride? I don't want to a turn every journey into a teeth clattering experience. Wife would just complain!

I definately think that the standard 16" alloys look too small for the car, I did consider 17" but having seen some pics of Franks car with standard suspension I'm tempted to go for the 18's.

thanks for advice.

I changed the non sport shocks out of my old B6 and replaced them with H&R lowering springs. The car looked great but the ride was to bouncy, so after about 5 weeks I added koni adjustable shocks, they really made a difference, there was little or no body roll. The only complaint I had was that the car used to scrap off speed ramps and you had to be careful when parking beside kerbs. I took out the springs and shocks and was going to put them into my new A4 (hence when ordering the cat I went for the non sport set up) but to be honest I'm not going to bother fitting them as the ride is just right for me and I don't care about the wheel gap as I can now park any where and hit ramps at speed not having to slow down to 5mph. Its all down to personal taste.

Big wheels on non-sport suspension look funny. I'd get a used sport suspension setup from someone on eBay or in the classifieds. It's going to be your cheapest route. You can get the Eibach lowering springs that Audi sells through the dealer. Supposedly they work well with the OEM shocks. The ride is going to be rougher but not as bad as getting full coilovers.