Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    different gear

Status

annoying rattling from front doors, windows.

I can hear an annoying rattling sound,sounds like windows are lose? From both sides!
    Anyone else with this?

Had it for while. Not had radio on lately,so hear it more.
    1.9 avf 6 speed. Bv43 turbo. Swifttuning custom map. Powerflow straight through twin pipes. Allard delete kit. Boost,egt, + voltage gauges. Ball,spring boost controller. Fk silversport coilovers. 312mm brake upgrade. B7 multifunc steering wheel. Full dis. Cruise control. Auto locks. Rs4 rear bumper. Full rs4 grills. Drls + hids. 10inch custom sub + amp. Leds everywhere. Parrotkit full speaker streaming. silver 4d carbon interior.never ending...

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I have a rattle on one door, but only when I shut it. I have discovered that the metal door handle cover (the painted bit) has come a little loose on the main bit of the door handle. Could it be this on yours? I think some have plastic painted handles, mine is an S-Line so maybe that's why it is metal?, and I have read that they rattle when driving along too.

My master plan to fix this is to force a little silicone sealant up between the metal painted part and the plastic part of the door handle. I just need to acquire some silicone.

different gear

Status
    Mines while driving,especailly over bumps!
    1.9 avf 6 speed. Bv43 turbo. Swifttuning custom map. Powerflow straight through twin pipes. Allard delete kit. Boost,egt, + voltage gauges. Ball,spring boost controller. Fk silversport coilovers. 312mm brake upgrade. B7 multifunc steering wheel. Full dis. Cruise control. Auto locks. Rs4 rear bumper. Full rs4 grills. Drls + hids. 10inch custom sub + amp. Leds everywhere. Parrotkit full speaker streaming. silver 4d carbon interior.never ending...

5th Gear

Status
    ive have something on my drivers door but for the life of me i cannot find out what it actually is
    wondering if its possible the entire window mechanism is loose and rattling
    2003 pearlescent black s4 avant tiptronic - milltek exhaust - pre cats removed - remapped ...
    koni adjustable suspension front and rear
    alpine f1 dvi9990 -pxah990 headunit and processor - alpine d511r
    4 x focal 5ws midbass drivers - focal audiom 6w midrange - focal tce tweeters - velodyne df 12 sc servo controlled subwoofer
    3 x phoenix gold zpa 0.5 amplifiers

Neutral

Status
    Mine started doing this about a month ago. Drivers side and passenger side although drivers side is worse. Wasn't sure if it's the door seals creaking against the body shell or the windows.

Car is going in for service on 17th July - have asked them to look at this as it's driving me mad !!

Also asked them to look at the clutch judder in 1st and reverse when the car is cold - happens for 5 - 10 mins and when warmed up it goes away.
    MY 2012 A3 Sportback TDi 140 Sport - Ibis White - Bluetooth.

1st Gear

Status
    Not quite the same but mine has two annoying rattles. One from the dash area which resonates at only a certain rpm and another on the drivers door which is only heard when I play music loud. I really want to get to the bottom of this but I don't want to start tearing things apart!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cnut View Post
    Not quite the same but mine has two annoying rattles. One from the dash area which resonates at only a certain rpm and another on the drivers door which is only heard when I play music loud. I really want to get to the bottom of this but I don't want to start tearing things apart!
    I have the same buzz which is only related to engine speed, when ever the engine runs past 2000rpm in any gear I get a buzz from the dash area, it's hard to pinpoint.

Tom.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_A4_UK View Post

My master plan to fix this is to force a little silicone sealant up between the metal painted part and the plastic part of the door handle. I just need to acquire some silicone.
    If you look under the handle you will see a stainless clip its quite tricky to spot. You simply need to use a credit card and slide it along this is what fixes the outer handle on, they work loose over time its a 2min fix. I wouldn't recommend silicone until you have tried the clip

see here Rattling door handle
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Drive It Like You Stole It

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperV8 View Post
    I have the same buzz which is only related to engine speed, when ever the engine runs past 2000rpm in any gear I get a buzz from the dash area, it's hard to pinpoint.

Tom.
    I get the same thing but at around 1200rpm and have never been able to find out what it is after about 4 years of it doing it!

ryan
    Milltek non-resonated cat-back - 15mm MTM spacers - Toyo T1R's all round - RS4 Pedals+foot rest - Blackout model front grilles - Custom black front badge - de-badged boot - R8 oil cap - silver indicator bulbs - Dodo Juice supernatural wax - ECS tuning Porsche cayenne brake kit ready to fit or sell?...

Neutral

Status
    I had a similar problem on my 1.9 tdi avant.. Turned out to be the cold feed from the slam panel to the air box wasn't clipped together properly.
    Hth M

Neutral

Status
    Took the car in on 17th July - gave me an A4 S-Line TDi 170 as a loan car. Rang 'em last night - gearbox out to change clutch and flywheel - let's hope that cures the judder !!

Apparently, they've adjusted something in the door to eliminate the rattle on the drivers door.

Should get the car back at some point today - will report back.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    If you look under the handle you will see a stainless clip its quite tricky to spot. You simply need to use a credit card and slide it along this is what fixes the outer handle on, they work loose over time its a 2min fix. I wouldn't recommend silicone until you have tried the clip

see here Rattling door handle
    Thanks for pointing this out. I followed the link but couldn't quite work out which bit to poke. Googled a little and found some better pics of said clip and 5mins of fiddling with a credit card and my retaining clip is back in place and when I shut the door it has a nice solid thunk to it rather than the metallic door handle rattle I was getting.

Cheers
    Paul

Neutral

Status
    well, clutch is fine now - it's just had a service at 37,500 miles and I've reported clutch judder every time it's been to them but at least now it's sorted out.

Doors no longer rattle, although they had moved the strike plate for the drivers door which meant the door was pulled in by about 2mm when shut - had to go back on monday for them to put it right. No rattles at all now - seems as good as when it was brand new.

5th Gear

Status
    just been having a look on mine now
    removed the doorcard and looked inside towards the back of the door
    found the adjustable cable which connects from the back of the lock to the lock mechanism had worked loose over time
    adjusted it so as its a bit tighter and will see if this cures it
    2003 pearlescent black s4 avant tiptronic - milltek exhaust - pre cats removed - remapped ...
    koni adjustable suspension front and rear
    alpine f1 dvi9990 -pxah990 headunit and processor - alpine d511r
    4 x focal 5ws midbass drivers - focal audiom 6w midrange - focal tce tweeters - velodyne df 12 sc servo controlled subwoofer
    3 x phoenix gold zpa 0.5 amplifiers