How to make my A4 3.0 faster....Need some ideas

Joeyz

Reaction score
I have a 2004 A4 and I cant seem to find anyone that makes to many aftermarket parts for my car. What about a chip? I know I can get exhaust, but what else have you guys done to give your 3.0 more power. Is just has nothing off the line, or anywhere for that matter, other then right at 3200 rpms.

Let me know...any help would be great.

Please dont suggest buying an S4.....I know, I missed the boat on that one.

No much you can do the the V6.

I was in the 'states a while back and got a copy of 'European Car' they had a feature on a supercharger kit............ BIG bhp IIRC.

Whats your budget?

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Why is that? Some guy in a 1.8T was pulling hard on me last night and I finally pasted him around once we got up to the 110mph mark......

Supercharging is expensive......Id rather save that money for next year and pick up the RS4.

I was just looking for something to hold me over......

Anyone else? I mean, somebody has got to have a 3.0 that feels the same...

thanks....

jz

[ QUOTE ]
Why is that? Some guy in a 1.8T was pulling hard on me last night and I finally pasted him around once we got up to the 110mph mark......

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple - The 'T' in 1.8T is for Turbo.
You can Re-Map a turbocharged car - add some more boost and get 20%+ more power and torque. I would guess the 4 cylinder 1.8T is lighter or about the same weight as the alloy V6 engine.

IIRC a non turbo 1.8 20V makes about 125 BHP ............ And you wont get much more from that either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

HTH

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supercharging is expensive......Id rather save that money for next year and pick up the RS4.

I was just looking for something to hold me over......

Anyone else? I mean, somebody has got to have a 3.0 that feels the same...

thanks....

jz

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahaa.....if you can afford an RS4 (B7) then you can afford to throw some money at a supercharger. They are only $5000 until the end of the year and then they go back up to $6000.

Personally, I have a Powerchip (chip), Borla Cat-back exhaust, and a Hyperflow intake. I think that's all good for about 20HP at the top end and maybe 10lb-ft at the low end. Overall the car revs faster, so you can tell it's breathing better. A stage 2 or 3 1.8T will smoke my car any day so I don't think modding your 3.0L will make you as fast as you want to be.