Control arms :(

mattyb6

Reaction score
Just got a quote from audi for full kit for my 1.9 saloon.

Front Upper Front Arms £82.21 each
Front Upper Rear Arms £82.21 each
Front Lower bent arm £149.29 each
Front lower straight arms £137.04 each
Track rod ends £47.76 each

Just over £1000 That's not including drop links

where are you geting your lemforder arms from and how much did you pay?? As I know there about half the price.

but if I get lemforder I will have to buy a few arms every month. (Low funds)
OR and I hate to say this. Was considering the eBay crap. ONLY because I could get at least a year out of them, and if they do need changing I will be able to get oem quality ones

Eurocarparts sell the same lemforder arms with the Audi branding ground off.

Forgot about euro. Plus there's always a 20% off too

il have a look

This place always get good reviews from what I understand. I seem to recall the full set is about £500 and I believe it includes droplinks?

Home

Edit: I think this is the kit you need, but apparently they're very helpful if you ring them, which they suggest you do to make sure you get the exact right one. Meyle HD control arm set (116 050 0029/HD)

There's a meyle hd set for just under 400. With bolts and links. I think I might just give them a call tbh.
ive heard good things about these set and company

I've only ever heard good things about Meyle, and the company too. Let us know how you get on!

The lemforder kit is 460 ish

il ring them up tomorrow an see what they say.

I think il try and squeeze my wages and et them this month.
If I buy oem quality it will last the life of the car. 170k with original arms. So could easily get 300k mile mark

Mine just hit 170k this last week, and I only changed my top arms when lowering it a few months back, they were original before that. I only had to change them as we melted the bushes trying to remove the pinch bolt ha!

I plan on doing a full kit at some point though if I end up keeping it, as I'd hope it'd last for the rest of the cars life as you say. I think 170k on original arms is impressive. :)

I've just replaced the original clutch too ;)
mines never had a hard day in its life. Until I got coilovers for it haha.

im keeping mine until I can afford a Quattro b8 avant ;)
at least another 2years :(

il give them a ring and find out the crack. Might be able to do a discount for the forum ;)

My next car will be a quattro of some sorts, but if I get my way it'l be a b6 s4. Just trying to save and persuade the wife that we need a v8 haha!

Mine had a new clutch at about 130k, just before I bought it.

And yeah, mine had an easy life until i lowered it and now it hates me, i can just tell! It keeps breaking random little things which is my punishment for lowering it.

Couldn't of put it better myself mate.

rattles left right n centre, knocks, whining.

Dosent help this year it's a clutch, needs new arms, timing belt is due in a few months. It's had 4 new tyres. Service on jan. and oil change next month.

might buy a moped!

I purchased a Meyle HD control arm set, was around £460 delivered.

I purchased a Meyle HD control arm set, was around £460 delivered.
Alex can I ask how much difference did it make?
Is it completely noticeable?

I have a few ****** arms and the rest are just old.
so I think I can justify the price if its going to completely transform the handling, stiffness etc.

i was tempted by an rs4 arb. As they only £80 and if I'm pulling out £400+ no harm the extra few bob.

I replaced mine as I was fitting coilovers at the same time - I plan on keeping the car for a few more years so wanted to freshen things up.

Main reason is that I had a slight knocking from the front over uneven surfaces, it turned out to be one of the ball joints on the top arms.

The car had done 140,000 when I replaced them, however the bushes and other ball joints appeared to be in good condition.
If it wasnt for the dodgy ball joint, there probably wouldnt be any need to replace them.

As far as difference goes, I lost the knocking sound - I wouldnt say there was any difference in the ride really.
The kit did come with "solid S4" tie rod ends, which are supposedly better - I didnt really notice any difference.

034 motorsport do a kit with slightly stiffer bushes I think;
Control Arm Kit, Density Line, OE B6 and B7 A4 and S4 - 034Motorsport | Performance Parts for Audi, Porsche, and Volkswagen

I fitted the RS4 rear anti-roll bar - that I did notice. It induces oversteer as opposed to understeer now, definatley worth it.

Cheer Alex.
mine has 170k on so maybe worth it.

just had insurance renewal today and tax is due this month too :( another expensive time.

That's cars for you... always seem to sting you for cash when you are short!

Your not a shop-fitter by any chance are you? A friend of mine was telling me about a car that pretty much matches your signature that was outside his shop a few weeks ago.

Just ran euro via trade account.
£300 plus vat ;)

so I'm treating myself this payday along with a rs4 Arb I think :)

plus new top mounts :)

;) treat ya self mate

im getting an exhaust made up for my votex rear too ;) 100mm rears