Anyone Modded their S4?

I

imported_ZeroK66

Considering one (insane, but so tempting) - just wondering, what are the options out there. I had a look on AMD's website and tehy seem to offer upto 50 BHP more with chip, exhaust and camms... 40BHP wtihout the cams - and a more reasonable price.

What have you guys done?

Cheers,
Leon

B6 S4? Yep me. I've got the AMD stage 3 which they've dyno'ed a few times and they've come back between 385 and 395bhp.

Yeah B6... so you have the cams? Did you go from stage 2 to a stage 3 or straight in to stage 3? Bit extreme all that money just for an extra 10HP.

How do the new cams feel? You dont a 1/4?

Cheers,
Leon

PS: Anyone apart from AMD I can look at for ideas on mods?

Cheers,

Oh right sorry, must be the stage 4 then that replaces the cams. If I was to do it I would go upto stage 3... so thats great that you have had yours dyno's.

Take it you have never done a 1/4 in it then? Does the Miltek system change the sound of the car at all?

Cheers,
Leon

I've only ever done a 1/4 event once in my life.

It managed a 14.0 which is pretty poor. The four wheel spinning won't have helped! I need more practise.

The Miltek system makes a major difference to sound. I was at VMax at the weekend and despite all the monster cars there, I had three people come up to me and say they loved the way it sounded.

I've had various comments since I've owned it including "it sounds like a Spitfire" (they meant the plane!) and "it sounds like a real muscle car". I totally love it. The rear box on it's own helps but for full effect it needs to be the full system. I have the resonated version as it's my family car (I have a 5month old) and it needs to be sensible which it is. It's only when you're giving it over 3.5-4kprm do you notice it.

If you really want loads of noise then you can go for non-resonated version.

p.s. I equalled a Lotus Esprit V8 GT on Sunday at 164mph. A DB7 beat me by 1 mph whilst the Ruf 911 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif on everyone with a 202!!! I even beat an Exige from a standing start! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Basically it can hold it's own

Me too. I've changed the cat back system and will replace the four cats with 2 in January so have a complete S/S system although mine's not a Milltek. Fortunate enough to have someone local who custom builds stainless exhaust systems.

People at my local meets say it does sound more tuneful than standard but not the same note as a Milltek, a bit deeper. You can hear it from 1500 rpm upward. Once that's done a remap and a rolling road; my exahust fitter reckons he's done a B6 that was remapped and on a rolling road his mate owns its producing 390 bhp and 375 ft/lbs. However it's a damn site cheaper than AMD.

Like ScoTTy says, its more about letting the V8 breath. Apart from supercharging, there ain't a lot more on the engine front to do.

Only other way is to make the car lighter which gets me on to the questions, how are your ECS disks ScoTTy? Feel better than OEM? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

There's a review on here somewhere. List all posts by me and you'll find it as it was fairly recent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Very nice - would really be intrigued to see what your cars run on the 1/4 - I would have thought mid-13's would be brilliant! 14.0 as a one off means there would be room to build on that.

Brilliant results at the weekend - that's just brill, as for the exige WOW - I am seriously drooling now (Looks to re-mortgage) :p

[ QUOTE ]
There's a review on here somewhere. List all posts by me and you'll find it as it was fairly recent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers, just what I wanted to hear. Now for some serious punishment to my pads and disks to justify buying new sets earlier!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif