JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Stale /musty smell from air vents

This mainly happens with air conditioning on.
    And ideas please?
    a4 v6 2.5tdi b6 18"rs rns-e genuine bt quattro chipped to 210hp mfsw,cruise control, ashtray ipod connector,

2. # ADS
    ADS

different gear

Status
    I got this canister that u open up like an areosol but keeps spraying untill empty.
    You put it in the back behind seats and air con on full with the reciculation button pressed for 10min.
    Supposed to kill stinky bacteria in vents.
    Worked for me.

Got mine from gsf for 8quid
    A4 avant b6.1.9 avf 6 speed. Bv43 turbo.uprated fmic. More bhp custom map. Powerflow straight through twin pipes. Allard delete kit. Boost,egt, + voltage gauges. Ball,spring boost controller. Fk silversport coilovers. 312mm brake upgrade. B7 multifunc steering wheel. Full dis. Cruise control. Auto locks. Rs4 rear bumper. Full rs4 grills. Drls + hids. 10inch custom sub + amp. Rear parking sensors. Leds everywhere. Parrotkit full speaker streaming. silver 4d carbon interior.never ending...

6th Gear

Status
    Cabin filter.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

Status
    This usually only happens when you run the car through the winter in ECON mode. The climate control should be left on all year round, not just when its hot. It is climate control not aircon. If it's turned off for long periods the rubber seals dry out and crack and start to leak, plus you get bacteria build up and thus the stinky smell
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    +1 bacteria. You can get the aircon system flushed through and de-contaminated to get rid of the bacteria in the system and the smell. A lot of garages that re-gas your aircon can offer this service, I think its extra on top of the re-gas though, although I seem to remember a while back Audi main dealers offering the de-contaminate and re-gas for a reasonably low fixed price for them both done at the same time.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

T0m
    2nd Gear

Status
    I used to get some not so nice smells when I turned my air con on also and read somewhere its due to the fact you constantly leave it on cold and bacteria builds up so quick fix you turn it to high leave it for a while and turn it off this will get rid of the awful smells and be a thing of the past.

This worked for mine and during the summer months I tend to whack it to hi for a couple of minutes every few weeks before I turn my car off and it hasn't happened in over 3 years! Ive had my car 6 years, never had it flushed or re-gassed and it still blows nice and cold when I need it (not that its that hot very often mind you!).

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    All good advice, it could also be a blocked evaporator drain.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.