Wrong Way Around???

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Is the Tiptronic function on my car the wrong way around or are they all like that. The + movement is towrds the front of the car, and the - is to the back. Surely that should be the other way around?!? A natural action when accelerating would be to pull BACK on the lever to go up the gears, and under braking it would be easier to PUSH forward on the gear-stick? I'm sure that racing cars have it that way!?!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

No idea but the sequencial gearbox on a Clio Cup racer is the same way round, push forward to go up the gears.

all like that i'm afraid.

whoever designed it had obviously never played sega rally or daytona (or just not played it enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

My absolute pet hate!

BMW and Mercedes changed it over about 5 years ago, but Audi being Audi probably never will.

I am going to take the unit apart at the weekend and see if it can be swapped, I just can't use it like it is.

easy to change, just swop the wires around, hey there you go ? red to red, black to black blue to f##k

I will have a bash tomorrow, I did it on my 5 series a few years ago, I had one of the first E39's with steptronic and they had the +/- the wrong way round andd I swapped that over.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif!

I knew there was something I was going to do today.

I will look tomorrow.