Glovebox CD autochanger

Scharity

Reaction score
Hi,

New user and boy do I feel like I've got a lot of catching up to do!

I have an 02 Avant 130SE that has been chipped to about 150. Couldn't even tell you what chip it is yet!

Lovely car with the sport suspension and 17" Avus (I think!) wheels and full tan leather.

Anyway, it has the single DIN CD player and someone has given me a glovebox CD changer (or so they say) - CX-CA1090L. Now I can't see how this would fit in and feel that there is probably a besopke glove box interior required. Is that right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Yes, you need a new glovebox that is designed for the cd changer. You can get them from a dealer, or sometimes thay appear on ebay. I haven't got the part number on me, but I can post it on tonight when I get home. You'll also need the cable that connects the changer to your head-unit. I've just removed a glovebox and changer from my car as I've traded it in, but I'd prefer to sell it as a complete unit.

Hi Lon,

Thanks for the information. How much would you want for your glovebox/changer and would it matter that my glovebox cover is tan.

I could then just sell on my changer on e-bay or the like.

Worth a try!

Thanks for the info - I will give e-bay the once over first and see what i come up with.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Mate, my glovebox is black.
Glovebox Part No: 8E2 857 035
Cable Part No: 8E0 051 592

[/ QUOTE ]

Lon,
You can take the interior liner out and sell that to him. I did that with my cd changer glovebox. I have the blue interior and I sold the liner to a guy with a black interior. He just took out his existing liner and then reattached the cd changer glovebox linter to it.