Jakes b7 Conversion Progress Thread

DieselJake

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Finally going ahead with this after accidentally purchasing a front bumper haha, just doing the front half, thread will not be updated regularly as I'm not rushing.

Parts owned:
S-line b7 bumper (from a cab... hope this fits)
also own some b6 parts to go on including S4 door blades and s-line rear bumper with a b7 RS4 valance (idea stolen from Deano1978)

Parts to go:
B7 bonnet
B7 RS4 grill
B7 aftermarket DRL headlights
B6 to B7 light conversion loom (need more info on this)
B7 wings cutting current b6 wings (or maybe cab wings... anyone know if they line up?)
B7 2.0TDI slam panel

Here's the current front

image.jpg

Planning to have it looking something like this but with different DRL's, RS6 wheels, black mirrors and RS4 grille.

5700981931_d0cc03399e_b.jpg

Please let us know if there's anything else, relevant part links will be appreciated (the cheaper the better).

Haters leave now kthxdie.

Last edited:
For the headlights you need to swap a lot of the wires. I did this for my mate by using paperclips to extract the pin from its location. No cutting necessary whatsoever. Let me dig it up for you!

Trust me I'd definitely go ahead with the conversion seeing as you got an excuse now.

Im down with you fella

Reactions: DieselJake
Here's exhibit A (photo from ebay as my girlfriends currently collecting... hopefully she brings it back in one piece)

exa.jpg

For the headlights you need to swap a lot of the wires. I did this for my mate by using paperclips to extract the pin from its location. No cutting necessary whatsoever. Let me dig it up for you!

Trust me I'd definitely go ahead with the conversion seeing as you got an excuse now.

Im down with you fella
I love you! That would be absolutely brilliant, don't even know where to start with the lights.

Can't wait for this!!
Cheers, me neither, blood sweat and pound coins will be shed.

Last edited:
Hope this all goes ahead should be a good thread

Hope this all goes ahead should be a good thread
Thanks

nice truck too, do love dodge ram's

liking the alloys, makes me want a b6 :(
Knew someone would point the truck out haha looks like it could drive over other car's in a jam

Cheers, my second set of RS6 wheels

You've seen Howdy's thread I'm sure?

Finally done my B7 complete front end conversion

Do Kufatec do do a suitable wiring loom?
Yeah seen a few who've done it, Howdy made a good job. No idea on the loom, lights and wings are the main things I'm lost with unless anyone can point more things necessary.

Looks like a nice project. I am pretty sure that the cab bumper is different to the saloon and avant as the headlights etc are also differ to the others.

I could be wrong as not looked into

Good luck and keep us all posted!

For the headlight switchover :

B6 - B7

1 - 8
2 - 1
3 - 4
4 - 2
5 - 6
6 - 3
7 - 10
8 - 7
9 - 9
10 - 5

Look @ the diagrams to double make sure its correct.

B6B7

Exhibit B (again from eBay and coming in the post)
came with free HID kit
:happy:

EX_B.jpg

Interested to see how you get on with this !
Cheers

Looks like a nice project. I am pretty sure that the cab bumper is different to the saloon and avant as the headlights etc are also differ to the others.

I could be wrong as not looked into

Good luck and keep us all posted!
Thanks, someone said it was the same... hope so, can anyone confirm?

For the headlight switchover :

B6 - B7

1 - 8
2 - 1
3 - 4
4 - 2
5 - 6
6 - 3
7 - 10
8 - 7
9 - 9
10 - 5

Look @ the diagrams to double make sure its correct.

View attachment 16532View attachment 16533
That's perfect, should save a load of faffing about, cheers for that.

Just a little update; got a loom for a b6 to b7 light conversion from eBay, only issue is it's an xenon one so could be a fun job getting wired and working I'm useless with anything electrical. Plus the lights I bought come with a HID kit so I'll have to work around that somehow... hmmm surely they can't be xenon and HID haha... will probably just sell the lights and buy a new set.

Another picture to add to the collection:
blah.jpg

Coming along slow thanks to some ***** opening his door and knocking my mirror off. Also on the case of the RS4 rear, cut the valance out today :happy:

unless your fitting oem xenons that loom wont work

you need the correct 1 or wire as above post

Thought as much :(
Surely I could do away with the yellow wire and they'd work as halogens? Plus HID kit and bulbs (... making them not halogens haha). Or maybe I could use none xenon headlights with the xenon loom swapping the bulbs for xenon's?
Really don't have a clue how this headlight stuff works haha.

Last edited:
Today the lower half of my bumper fell off (was cable tied after multiple impacts and bound to happen) so that's given a bit more motivation for a long awaited update:

Ordered wings, fogs and collecting a bonnet Monday.

Only thing left will be somehow adapting the headlights, having the wings welded together (or possibly smoothing the B7 one's, not sure how well that would work) then getting this all sprayed and fitted.

Oh also forgot to mention I got a black optics RS4 grille at a very reasonable price off eBay a few months back. Progress has been slow but that's because I wanted everything within a reasonable price range which it has been (although it hasn't been cheap by any means).

Reactions: bradh
Right you are but I have saloon/estate wings (came this morning :laugh:) and was told cab wings don't fit.

If you have the bumper from a cab, and wings from a saloon they won't mate up will they?

Apparently the front bumper is the same for both but the wings are different, or again so I was told.

Hope not or I've given myself allot of extra hassle haha, did ask before as I thought they look the same too but someone said they were different (@hades- ?), plus I presumed going off other conversions where people have cut them that it wasn't possible. I'm not very knowledgeable and most of this is guesswork but when it's all said and done hopefully I'll be able to shed some light for anyone else crazy enough to tempt this.

I don't know to be honest mate I'm just asking as the B6 cabs are different to the saloons so I was just wondering if the ab7 is the same.

Only thing that I think may be different between the two is that the sill cover on the cab comes up the wing higher than on the saloon/avant

audishit.jpg

Might look nice but the electrics are screwed, if anyone knows/is someone who knows about electrics in Birmingham please get in touch as everything's flickering and I need to disconnect the battery each time I turn it off to save it draining.

Why whats been done to the electrics ?? Thought it only needed new wiring harness to convert b6 to b7 lights ??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No idea to be honest, really haven't got a clue when it comes to electronics and I'm not too sure what's gone on, probably haven't been as involved as I should of been. Supposedly a couple guys looked at it and it came back with my mate saying "it's all good and we've done all we can except for the headlights" which I presumed meant they didn't work not that when you turn the car on all the dash, headlights and rear lights flicker, even when the car is locked the light to show the car's locked flickers so I have to disconnect the battery.

Firstly..the front end looks outstanding. Glad you went ahead with it as I thought you certainly shelved the project. Gives me motivation to do mine as LOTS of members have now done this.

I think the the electrics are the least of your worries. The hard part is the mechanical aspect of getting it all to line up snug.

Do you have a little more info on the light situation? My lights flicker on start up but this is due to them being LED's so no real problem. Do the headlight work at all?

Off the top of my head, B6 headlights have different wiring looms to the B7 headlights so hopefully this was factored in when swapping over?

If you recall, 'Variosso' on here did the full b6 cab to rs4 cab conversion so I can always hit him up if you need help..

Thanks, it was at my mates garage with the promise of it being completed between some of his jobs and having myself involved but it ended up being left for a year then he rushed around last minute and half ***** it without letting me know (got ****** white paint on the new passenger bucket seat!).

Cheers for that, not too sure what's been done in terms of wiring but I might get in touch when I know a bit more about it.

Thanks, it was at my mates garage with the promise of it being completed between some of his jobs and having myself involved but it ended up being left for a year then he rushed around last minute and half ***** it without letting me know (got ****** white paint on the new passenger bucket seat!).

Cheers for that, not too sure what's been done in terms of wiring but I might get in touch when I know a bit more about it.

Oh I see. Well glad you went ahead with it. Damn it...paint on the bucket seat!!? Night mare trying to get that off. Hopefully LOTS of white spirit will do the job.

Sure...I guess find out whats been done and if you need help, i'll just ask Variosso as we speak every so often.

Reactions: DieselJake and rjm180
I agree. The front looks absolutely stunning. Hope you get the other issues sorted ok.

audishit.jpg

Might look nice but the electrics are screwed, if anyone knows/is someone who knows about electrics in Birmingham please get in touch as everything's flickering and I need to disconnect the battery each time I turn it off to save it draining.
where did you get that grille from?

Been a long time coming but it's safe to say my car finally has no headlight issues.
Still has an issue of not staring every now and then but I think that's down to water in the ccu or something.
Garage basically ruined my headlights so I have these on at the minute and a set of smoked headlights, Cupra R splitter, smoked indicators and all sorts ready to fit.
audiyo.jpg

Not to worry. Personally, I prefer the stock ones with a tint film over them :)