EM TuningChris Nott
    4th Gear

Status

Help locating / replacing engine mounts - pics please!!!

I have a 2002 1.9 Tdi (130bhp) I get an error code with vag-com saying that the engine mount solenoid sensor has an intermittant fault. I believe my car has solenoids built into the engine mounts that adjust the stiffness of the mounts as required. I want to check the wiring etc of each mount and was wondering where to locate each of them. Any pics or a nice diagram from the bentley manual would be much appreciated.

cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Jimmeh on Facebook
    Technics,

Did you ever have any joy with this?

Sorry to dig up a thread that is 5 years old, but, I recently had my A4 Avant on VAGCOM and it through up a 17996 fault code - engine mount solenoid valve - open.

I have read your other posts RE how they work etc, but, did you find a fix for this? If I can locate the valve on the mount, what should I do?

Any tips much aprpeciated
    Jim
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi 130 Quattro Sport.
    WhiteDetails.co.uk - Facebook? Follow me!

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I've had this error code on mine for a couple of years now, I think the complete mound needs replacing when there is a fault. I've never noticed any difference tbh......
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

3rd Gear

Status
    do any of you lot noticing your car shaking side to side when idle? i had this fault last time i scanned mine.. and the reason i scanned was because was getting these little side to side shake. not noticed any other problems though.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    My car doesn't shake, the V6 is surprisingly smooth at tickover when warm. I can't say I noticed any difference between the times the mount was/wasn't working.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    Snap. Ive had engine mount code for nearly 2 years and don't think the car drives any differently. Though I've had the fault since I've owned it so it might actually drive like a bag of spanners and I don't know any different. I'd be interested if anybody does locate and replace the engine mounts as this has been on my to do list since I got it. If it's a diy job I'll have a go but ive asked a number of times on forums and nobody seems to know.

Anyone know of any issues a faulty mount can cause? Aside from a fault code?
    Black 2.5tdi 180 Quattro Sport (210bhp tuning box) , Votex Kit, 19" Rs4 replicas, HID's, Led Sidelights, Exhaust & Some Black bits.

To do : LCR Splitter