A4 estate avant airbag sensor

waddy9494

Reaction score
I've recently bought a 2003 A4 avant estate and the airbag light is on, after having it plugged in they found it to be the drivers side front sensor and the passenger side sensor. How much am I looking at getting them replaced? Is it an easy job to DIY? I know i would have to disconnect the battery first.
Its due an MOT on the 3rd of next month and don't have the funds to pay through the nose for a fix. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

is it the seat air bags or the dash?

its usually a bad connection on the plugs unplug clean reset and wait!

I would disconnect the battery just in case

ps whats your location? there maybe someone close to offer vcds to reset and scan for a few beer tokens

The guy at the garage said theres one at the passenger side behind the trim where the seat belt is, is this true? And the other one is at the very front of the car next to the drivers headlight. So is it just worth taking it off and cleaning it first before buying new sensors? I live in Liverpool mate. Thanks for the advice

ah sorry I didnt see the sensor bits

it could still be the plugs on them or a broken wire

the one on the front is near the end of the radiator its yellow too near the top

the side one I dont know!

the dealers!

give them a ring they may surprise you

dont but them yet
get us the fault code
did he reset them ? did thay come stright back on ?
its a very comon fault on the a4 for the wires under the seats to be the problem.
get the codes then take it from there.

He got the codes mate it was defo the drivers front sensor next to the headlight and the passenger side near the seat belt, he tried resetting it but it wouldn't let him