Click on turning the steering wheel (starting to annoy me)

Dan TheMan Welburn

Reaction score
Hi all not posted for a while, since buying my b6 a year ago ive constantly had a click coming from steering wheel when turning (either way, now I did a b7 wheel retrofit along with cruise and DIS which I assumed would sort it as I was almost certain it was down to slipring, but its not and now its starting to bug me a little, what else could be causing it?

is it defo from the steering wheel area? Mine clicks on moving to full lock but I think this is the CV joints needing some greese.

Could be the indicator self canceling system

Definitely steering wheel area I think I changed indicator stalk when I did DIS and cruise as I bought a spare, in middle of moving house so when im moved ill strip the cowling back off and have a good look round see if I can suss it, but if anyone has any other ideas or has experienced anything similar all info is appreciated...

Does your indicator stalk cancel back out after indicating round a corner then onto a straight?

If not as stu-m is suggesting it's probably the self cancelling out catch.

Does your indicator stalk cancel back out after indicating round a corner then onto a straight?

If not as stu-m is suggesting it's probably the self cancelling out catch.

the self canceling can work as normal and still click when steering

sorry for delay in replying guys moved house and been without internet connection, the indicator cancels out as normal, I am tempted to buy another stalk just to be 100% sure it aint that...