Need a new turbo for 2.5tdi

BRILLO

Reaction score
Juniper Green, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United K
As above. Been having probs of over boosting for a while now ( code 00575 ) changed map sensor and now being told probably the turbo. It's 100,000 miles now and wondered if its worth cleaning with mr muscle or is it due to go anyway. It's just that I have the money just now for a turbo which isn't always the case. Where's good place to get them from and has a hybrid turbo got any benefit on a standard 180 q. Fancy remapping though.

As above. Been having probs of over boosting for a while now ( code 00575 ) changed map sensor and now being told probably the turbo. It's 100,000 miles now and wondered if its worth cleaning with mr muscle or is it due to go anyway. It's just that I have the money just now for a turbo which isn't always the case. Where's good place to get them from and has a hybrid turbo got any benefit on a standard 180 q. Fancy remapping though.

Drop Adam an email..

tditurbos@gmail.com

He will rebuild or upgrade/hybrid your tdi... I person I recommend

a friend of mine has the exact same issue with exact same code
id advise you take it for a spin and log the car whilst connected to vcds then post up the results
i am going to put mr muscle into his turbo to see if if makes things better

Mr muscle is defo worth a go. Much cheaper than going for a new turbo! If you have access to VCDS, perform output tests in Engine and one of the tests moves the actuator arm so you can observe it moving freely or not.

You can test the actuator arm by removing the 2 10mm bolts that attach the actuator to the body of the turbo. Be careful not to drop them into the V of the engine as they can be tricky to get at. Once removed you can move the arm which should move freely. Any stickiness indicates the vanes are gummed up. Mr Muscle is worth a go. Remove the 3 exhaust flange bolts and pull the exhaust aside. Pump Mr Muscle into the exhaust side using a flexi tube. Put plenty in and work the actuator arm occasionally. You should find it beginning to free up within minutes. Leave for about half an hour and take for a good drive. Make sure and use gloves when handling Mr Muscle as it is very corrosive stuff.

Reactions: BRILLO